Easy slim Custom Firmware installer
Shady
Sometimes when poo, I hungry

Threads: 472
E-Pigs: 508.0987
Easy slim Custom Firmware installer
fudgeing eh man

i was trying and trying and trying to install CFW into my friends slim psp
all the tuts and guides lead me no where!!

but then i came accross this
http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=136070
it was made by .beaker. (im pretty sure that is michealP here on this site)
all credit goes to him and klutsch

PSP Grader Lite Tutorial - Flash CFW To Any PSP

This tutorial will teach you how to flash a Slim PSP or Fat PSP that has any official firmware with 3.80 M33 Custom Firmware. PSP Grader Lite was made by a member of muppet-modding.com called Klutsch, he also has his own blog, if you use this program and it helps you out please consider donating to him as he puts a lot of work into these easy to use programs.

This is a noOb proof guide.

Requirements

a) PSP Slim (PSP 2000) or PSP Fat (PSP 1000) and PSP USB cable.
[Note: A card reader can also be used in place of USB Cable]

b) Pandora's Battery.

c) Memory Stick Pro Duo [64mb - 4gb] I have tested this and can confirm that it works with fake sticks.

d) PSP Grader Lite

e) Official FW Updates 1.5, 3.80

f) MS Net Framework 2.0 installed on your PC.

How To

Step 1) Install PSP Grader to your PC in the default location. [C:\ ]

Step 2) Run PSP Grader, you will see 2 boxes at the top, add the location to your Official FW Updates 1.50 and 3.80 into the corresponding boxes.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4820/74394754sv1.jpg

Step 3) Plug your PSP into the PC via the USB cable ensuring that the Memory Stick Pro Duo is inserted into the PSP. Also be aware that this is going to format your memory stick so make sure to back up any important files first. The PSP Grader program will find your PSP and ask if it is the drive you wish to format, select YES. Now in the bottom right corner of the PSP grader program select start.

Step 4) Your Memory stick is now ready, unplug the PSP from the USB cable, remove the battery and insert the Pandora's Battery whilst holding the L should button on the PSP. Once the IPL has loaded on the PSP simply press the X button. Wait. After around 1 - 3 minutes the Flash shall be done, press X to shutdown the psp, it is now safe to remove the pandora battery. [Note] Its is very important to just wait and not switch off the PSP or remove the Memory Stick or Pandora's Battery, it could result in a brick if you do not wait.

Step 5) Now you have custom FW 3.80-M33 on your PSP, format your memory stick in your PSP and update your PSP to custom the latest custom firmware simply by choosing the "network update" option on the PSP's XMB screen [desktop menu] whilst being connected to the internet or stay at 3.80 if you wish...

Thanks to Klutsch for PSP Grader Lite.
If you can't find me here for help and can't wait any longer then look me up @ my site muppet-modding.com

*NOTE: you will need a pandora's battery
it does everthing else for you

OMG this was soooooo easy and was exactly what i needed!!

thank you thank you thank you

(09/06/2011 06:25 AM)S7* Wrote:  Spambots are strange, mysterious creatures.
(This post was last modified: 13/04/2008 01:41 PM by Shady.)
12/04/2008 03:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply