Xenogears frustration. Help me help everyone.
Liquid
Resident Bullshit Expert

Threads: 39
E-Pigs: 3.9402
Xenogears frustration. Help me help everyone.
I'm an avid fan of emulation and replaying old games that I own (I can't tell you how many times I've played through Earthbound, FFVII, and MGS).

Lately, I had the itch to play through Xenogears again, particularly since I can port the game save back and forth between my psp and pc.

Although I love the game, I'm no fan of the ludicrous amount of random battles. And so, I set out to find a Gameshark/Pro Action Replay code to disable them.

Sadly, the only No Random Battles code that I could find was for the world map only. It works, just not outside of the map (you know, like 95% of the game).

I'm still playing through again regardless, but I'd like to find out either:
a) Why there is no code for this already given that the game is ancient by now (like if there's some good reason that I don't know about)
b) If anybody can tell me if they have any knowledge of finding this sort of code or if they know somebody who does.

I'm going to attempt to use Playstation Emulation Cheater to find the code on my PC. I'll be looking for an alternating 0 and 1 value. I'm hoping that whatever the randomizer does, it returns a TRUE or FALSE value. The only thing that I can really hope is that the value doesn't just clear once the glass-shattering effect begins when a battle starts.

During my search, I did find one interesting thing: if you're playing this game on an actual playstation, opening the lid keeps random battles from happening. After reading this, I remembered doing that years ago. I have no intimate knowlege of the playstation hardware, but does anybody know what opening the lid would do to memory addresses? Would there be a range of them that wouldn't get written to with an open lid?

Finding a set value is easy, I just don't know exactly what to look for when trying to find a no random battles code.

Even if you can just point me to some document explaining finding a random value or something, it would help.

If I find the code and get it to work successfully, I'll post it here and elsewhere.

Thanks in advance,
Liquid

P.S. What happened to the bux? What was that about anyway?

[Image: liquiddt4.png]
What others are saying about my bullchocolate ability: "you sir are a bullchocolate muscle body builder" - Exira
(This post was last modified: 19/03/2007 12:12 PM by Liquid.)
19/03/2007 12:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wolkenritter
Hey poor player!

Threads: 157
E-Pigs: 67.2304
RE: Xenogears frustration. Help me help everyone.
A lot of these encounters are actually fixed so it really doesn't work. Even if they're frustrating, the battles aren't really hard at all plus I'm pretty sure there already is a no random battle code already. Since I used it for the final dungeon >_>

The bux system is gone. It was originally made to mock QJ =P

[Image: eo1_zpsjxsxwr5u.png][Image: eo2_zpsnzftucuo.png][Image: eo3_zpsh5eawp85.png]
[Image: eo4_zpskcap6b8a.png][Image: eo1u_zpsw5rdzuqs.png]
19/03/2007 06:40 PM
Liquid
Resident Bullshit Expert

Threads: 39
E-Pigs: 3.9402
Goshi Wrote:A lot of these encounters are actually fixed so it really doesn't work. Even if they're frustrating, the battles aren't really hard at all plus I'm pretty sure there already is a no random battle code already. Since I used it for the final dungeon >_>

The bux system is gone. It was originally made to mock QJ =P

The random battles hard? No.
Time consuming? You bet your donkey.

I can't find a no random battles code. Since you say you used one, can you dig that one up and post it please? I have scoured the interwebs and only found a world map no random battles code which doesn't work in a dungeon.

My interest in playing Xenogears again is in the story, not the gameplay.

[Image: liquiddt4.png]
What others are saying about my bullchocolate ability: "you sir are a bullchocolate muscle body builder" - Exira
19/03/2007 06:50 PM
Wolkenritter
Hey poor player!

Threads: 157
E-Pigs: 67.2304
Wait, my bad, I was confusing it with some other game. It doesn't look like there is one. Not much you can do there.

Quote:My interest in playing Xenogears again is in the story, not the gameplay.

Can't blame you for that one. The story is too good for a video game =/

[Image: eo1_zpsjxsxwr5u.png][Image: eo2_zpsnzftucuo.png][Image: eo3_zpsh5eawp85.png]
[Image: eo4_zpskcap6b8a.png][Image: eo1u_zpsw5rdzuqs.png]
19/03/2007 08:59 PM
Ge64
Former Admin ;)

Threads: 295
E-Pigs: 108.4795
yeaaah

[Image: ub1985584.jpg]
31/03/2007 08:34 PM
xenogearsnorandos
Neophitic Presence

Threads: 0
E-Pigs: 0.5482
Sorry to necro this thread, but it's one of the top results on Google and most of the gameshark code lists don't have it. The game is basically unplayable do to the absurd number of random battles if you pick it up today, so without further ado, here's the gameshark code to disable them:

No Random Battles
800B22A0 FFFF
800B2294 0015
8009D64C 0010

I'd appreciate if the mods would not remove this so other people can find the information in the future. Thanks!

xenogears no random battles
xenogears no random battles cheat
xenogears no random battles item
xenogears no random encounters cheat
xenogears no random encounters
xenogears no random encounters item
(This post was last modified: 08/09/2018 09:52 AM by xenogearsnorandos.)
08/09/2018 09:51 AM