3.71 M33-2 Slim FULL Brick
vinrose67
GAS

Threads: 97
E-Pigs: 54.2375
RE: 3.71 M33-2 Slim FULL Brick
pandora works all the time as long as it matters on software if pandora don't work for sure it's a hardware thing probably corrupt nand due to numerous flashing (bad blocks)...

here in the philippines wee just replace the nand by a new one to revive it (unbricking through hardware)

vinrose67 Signature

[Image: PSPAddictSignature.png]
08/10/2007 06:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ibawanzingee
Storm Trooper

Threads: 71
E-Pigs: 15.8576
My god! I have to do this too! Where do I find the blank nand? and double you tee eff is an idstorage? Is it one of these?

nand-dump.bin (bricked dump)
nand-PSP.bin (UPNand)
nand-UP.bin (UPNand)

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Additionally, when I find out which one is the idstorage, what tool do I use to write it back to flash with? Is there anything I'm missing?

[Image: z4igq9p9ntnysqax2y6.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 15/10/2007 02:09 PM by ibawanzingee.)
15/10/2007 02:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Anger
Angered Observer (0).(0)

Threads: 4
E-Pigs: 5.4993
lololol roflmfao ohh my god it hurts lololol.
hahhaha...ohh well that was funny as hell - thanks for that.

ok now ill try and help, you got the whole thing completly wrong which means your in a bit over your head.

so anyway...your psp runs from a bit of hardware called a nand. it is basically memory inside your psp. if you get bad blocks on it your basically screwed. idstorage i think is the way the nand is formatted from what i understand so its none of those files however the bricked dump may have the idstorage keys for your psp (DO NOT ASK about idstorage keys, its too technical). i think those other dumps might help in combination with the bricked dump.

now to fix your psp you need pandora software and a pandora battery. this is why your bricked dump may be usefull, you would first flash your bricked dump WITH idstorage keys then you would in theory flash your psp with one of the other dumps you have WITHOUT the idstorage keys. but you can't flash a thing if you don't have a pandora battery so...post back here when you get a pandora battery (and no your slims battery Can't be used for pandora even if you could convert it). at this point i might add you will not be able to use another slim psp's dump because each one has major differences. with that in mind it may be possible to use universal platinum on your slim to at least get it working. so you need a person with a phat psp who is willing to convert there battery to pandora and then loan you it and also install a version of pandora to a memory stick. (told you you were in over your head :P )

Always remember - Google is your friend :)

[Image: avatar_416_482669e4.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 15/10/2007 03:58 PM by Anger.)
15/10/2007 03:54 PM
ibawanzingee
Storm Trooper

Threads: 71
E-Pigs: 15.8576
Hey Anger!

I really appreciate your response. I was going out of my mind. Yea, I have NO idea what keys are, but I'm coming to grips with some of the names and such.

I cleared my head a bit back, went and watched a flick and then came back to this whole process. I figured out (at least in my case) I didn't need the UPNands at all. What I did was get that blank nand-image.bin (thanks to squirrel61 @ maxconsle) going, merged my keys it and with the help of a batch file cory149 @ maxconsole wrote. Repartitioned my flash and then installed 3.71 M33-2 over that space, now that it was clear. Presto! Successful unbrick.

I was kinda scared. Oh yea, I have a fat PSP as well with custom fw, so I was doing my own work for me. Tedious, to say the least.

[Image: z4igq9p9ntnysqax2y6.jpg]
15/10/2007 07:55 PM