Anyone get a Steam Deck?
SchmilK
Noob

Threads: 359
E-Pigs: 82.0266
Anyone get a Steam Deck?
My wife is amazing - I had 3 devices watching the game awards trying to get one of the every minute giveaways they were doing.  Every 20-30 minutes she would just look at me and laugh/giggle..

Turned out it was because she ordered me the 512gb version as a surprise.

So - it's freaking cool - flashes me back to the PSP days, but this little guy is way more beefy and grown up!

For the first time since Half Life 2 came out - I might actually finish it!

On top of that Diablo Immortal is awesome, Xbox game streaming from Xbox is super smooth and Windows 11 runs perfect playing cod mw2!!

Anyhoo - happy New Year, I miss you all!!

limneosgreen Wrote:Take my advice, don't try to install custom themes ... it's possible to brick ur psp.. why just don't change wallpaper
04/01/2023 06:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
RE: Anyone get a Steam Deck?
Dang that's awesome!
Best Christmas gift ever!

Too bad it's not available in Australia. :(
I also don't really game on the go much any more, but if I did, it'd be a top pick (if I could get one).
07/01/2023 04:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eKusoshisut0
NOIDED

Threads: 102
E-Pigs: 174.7326
I really want to get it , I'll probably get it in a few months. It looks like a top emulation machine

[Image: tumblr_mlae69vAW21rmerh9o1_400.gif]

More stuff
Steam Page
[Image: K7UVN.png]
Thanks to Vacui_Natale for making this awesome siggy.
[Image: cq8au.gif]
Thanks to Natalie for this sexy Mawaru Penguindrum sig. <3
[Image: ofusT.png][

[Image: 9252_s.gif]

11/01/2023 08:55 PM
SchmilK
Noob

Threads: 359
E-Pigs: 82.0266
I don't play on the go either.  Usually streaming Xbox to my laptop or phone, or playing Diablo Immortal on my phone.

Now I'm playing PC games, steam games, PS3 and Xbox cloud in bed or iny lazy boy. Graphics are super impressive.

This morning I used chrome to get into my Citrix virtual machine and work for 30 minutes making changes to the enterprise mobility management system in bed on steam deck :D. Super awesome!!!

And yes, emulation of all old systems is amazing!  Some newer games have problems but otherwise it's been a power horse for what I've tried.

limneosgreen Wrote:Take my advice, don't try to install custom themes ... it's possible to brick ur psp.. why just don't change wallpaper
14/01/2023 10:22 AM
Barcelona
Too Young To Care

Threads: 88
E-Pigs: 60.4042
I got a steam deck pretty early on, I use it daily now since moving since my PC isn't totally hooked up and it is pretty great! It plays everything that I want to play, and the framerate dips on my TV aren't bad enough in the games that usually dip like spiderman, but in Guilty Gear Strive, I had to install the potato mod because frame dips in that game are pretty awful.

All in all I'd rate a solid 8-9/10 and would recommend it to anyone who was interested in it, just make sure you don't play any MMO's that use EAC or something dumb like that because proton isn't perfect and those games might only run on windows.

[Image: A73TX.png]
Quotes That Made Me Lol
Joomla12 Wrote:Who are you?
(02/08/2011 08:26 AM)eKusoshisut0 Wrote:  ┻┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻┻
Previous Signatures
First Signature Wrote:Rep me up or I'll GENTLY CARESS you in the booty!
Second Signature Wrote:Studies have shown that for everyone person that doesn't rep me up, an angel gets a hernea.
Third Signature Wrote:Dead Trademark91 killed me.
Fourth Signature Wrote:Windows Proud
Fifth Signature Wrote:I'm waiting for someone to chime in with an arrow. Any tamed wolves you can be traced back to my forum signature.
Sixth Signature Wrote:[Image: 7hjyW.png]
08/04/2023 05:26 AM
amoonrabbit
random one
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 48
E-Pigs: 31.3427
I got one and immediately started installing emulators. Runs Switch games nicely. Played a lot of NMS on it recently too, though because of work play time is very little in-between doing other things outside of work. There are a few recent games I want to play on it though. Played Stray start to finish on the Deck.

05/10/2023 07:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply