HELP! URGENT, i think i bricked!
when downgrading 2.71!
robertotron
Storm Trooper

Threads: 51
E-Pigs: 8.2526
HELP! URGENT, i think i bricked!
Right now on my PSP i have 3.40 OE-A, and i have experience in downgrading 3 PSPs from 3.03. including: Mine, My Sisters, and one of my friends.

Now today, another one of my friends also has a PSP and was on the firmware 2.71 and i offered to downgrade his PSP so he could play downloaded games. so today he gave it to me and i downloaded Calo's easy installer for downgrading 2.71 to 1.50. i backed up all my friends files (just his music and pics). then ran the installer which extracted the contents of the downgrader to the memory stick. i then followed the ReadMe as it followed:

* take your umd out if its in -DONE
* n your psp's XMB go to the PHOTO menu then HENC and it will either freeze(keep trying, it might take a good few times to work) or flash a colour or two and then reboot itself which means it has worked. -DONE
* After it reboots go to the GAME menu in the XMB and Choose "PSP Update ver X.YZ" -DONE
* When you enter the program,Wait until its loads, next when Asked, Press X and the downgrade will start, when its finished
you will be asked to Press x to restart. -DONE

Heres where the problem is. instead of the next step: * When it restarts an error message will appear, Press O then it will restart again, then enter in your settings and your done. Your PSP is now a 1.5,, when the PSP attempts to load, before it loads the SCE Logo, it has a black screen and the green "POWER" LED is on, then after about 10 seconds it just turns off itself.

so how can i fix this? i know i sound like a n00b with all the "URGENTS" and stuff, but i promised i would give it back to him tomorrow. i know that if i can't fix it then I'll just have to send it to Sony and make an excuse (which could someone help me with making an excuse if the problem is unfixable?)

PS. some answers to questions you may ask:
* YES the PSP was 2.71 and i didn't mistake it for 2.70
* YES the PSP did restart properly after the colour Green flashed up
* YES the UMD was out
* YES my battery was full, at around 99% having just charged it
* YES the downgrader did work properly, just didn't restart properly as shown above
Double post
ben3gfc Wrote:Right now on my PSP i have 3.40 OE-A, and i have experience in downgrading 3 PSPs from 3.03. including: Mine, My Sisters, and one of my friends.

Now today, another one of my friends also has a PSP and was on the firmware 2.71 and i offered to downgrade his PSP so he could play downloaded games. so today he gave it to me and i downloaded Calo's easy installer for downgrading 2.71 to 1.50. i backed up all my friends files (just his music and pics). then ran the installer which extracted the contents of the downgrader to the memory stick. i then followed the ReadMe as it followed:

* take your umd out if its in -DONE
* n your psp's XMB go to the PHOTO menu then HENC and it will either freeze(keep trying, it might take a good few times to work) or flash a colour or two and then reboot itself which means it has worked. -DONE
* After it reboots go to the GAME menu in the XMB and Choose "PSP Update ver X.YZ" -DONE
* When you enter the program,Wait until its loads, next when Asked, Press X and the downgrade will start, when its finished
you will be asked to Press x to restart. -DONE

Heres where the problem is. instead of the next step: * When it restarts an error message will appear, Press O then it will restart again, then enter in your settings and your done. Your PSP is now a 1.5,, when the PSP attempts to load, before it loads the SCE Logo, it has a black screen and the green "POWER" LED is on, then after about 10 seconds it just turns off itself.

so how can i fix this? i know i sound like a n00b with all the "URGENTS" and stuff, but i promised i would give it back to him tomorrow. i know that if i can't fix it then I'll just have to send it to Sony and make an excuse (which could someone help me with making an excuse if the problem is unfixable?)

PS. some answers to questions you may ask:
* YES the PSP was 2.71 and i didn't mistake it for 2.70
* YES the PSP did restart properly after the colour Green flashed up
* YES the UMD was out
* YES my battery was full, at around 99% having just charged it
* YES the downgrader did work properly, just didn't restart properly as shown above

* just found out why, he has a TA-82 motherboard, and i forgot to check :(:(:(:(:(
does anyone know if there is a solution to this?
27/07/2007 09:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cR@Zy!NgLi$h
Speculator

Threads: 37
E-Pigs: 8.9041
RE: HELP! URGENT, i think i bricked!
ben3gfc Wrote:* just found out why, he has a TA-82 motherboard, and i forgot to check :(:(:(:(:(

That there's your problem...  I don't think there's much that can be done, my good man :(
UP? New MOBO? New PSP?  YOUR PSP?

[Image: signature2ct1.jpg]
27/07/2007 09:47 PM
robertotron
Storm Trooper

cR@Zy!NgLi$h Wrote:
ben3gfc Wrote:* just found out why, he has a TA-82 motherboard, and i forgot to check :(:(:(:(:(

That there's your problem...  I don't think there's much that can be done, my good man :(

thanks for that help. what do you mean by "UP? New MOBO? New PSP?  YOUR PSP?" though?

i found a website http://www.colourful-zone.com/Store/prod...cts_id=153 which could potentially unbrick his PSP, but it comes at a price. has anyone used this service before? and is it for real (not a scam)?
otherwise should i just send it to sony? or does it cost to send it to them? (i read somewhere that it was around $90 and the Colourful-Zone one is only $73.21, so which would be better?)
27/07/2007 09:55 PM
squee666
Grand Warlock

Threads: 351
E-Pigs: 555.8899
that's why you always check or never downgrade a psp using a downgrader for 2.71 or less use the 2.80 or higher downgrader because they come with ta-82 support

[Image: IuZelj2.png]
Spoiler for anime watched:
[Image: squee666.jpg]
27/07/2007 10:04 PM
cR@Zy!NgLi$h
Speculator

Threads: 37
E-Pigs: 8.9041
ben3gfc Wrote:
cR@Zy!NgLi$h Wrote:

thanks for that help. what do you mean by "UP? New MOBO? New PSP?  YOUR PSP?" though?

i found a website http://www.colourful-zone.com/Store/prod...cts_id=153 which could potentially unbrick his PSP, but it comes at a price. has anyone used this service before? and is it for real (not a scam)?
otherwise should i just send it to sony? or does it cost to send it to them? (i read somewhere that it was around $90 and the Colourful-Zone one is only $73.21, so which would be better?)

I think you might need to buy your friend an Undiluted Platinum motherboard, a new "original" motherboard, a new PSP or maybe give him your PSP to make up for it...

The "unbricking" sites just replace the motherboard I think, and I'd be inclined to use Sony for the repair instead of colourful-zone, just seems safer somehow...

[Image: signature2ct1.jpg]
27/07/2007 10:16 PM
Chroma
Chromatic Nutjob

Threads: 435
E-Pigs: 40.2135
Send it to Sony telling them that it just stopped working, and if it's less than a year old then they'll replace it for free. Otherwise it's ~US$50

PSN ID: Chroma3000
My Steam Page
ADD ME
superdouche Wrote:
TheGuy Wrote:
superdouche Wrote:You need at least an 8 inch penis, that's what I heard.
Man, if I had 8 inches, I would find a better use for it :P
Like what, pushing elevator buttons?
27/07/2007 10:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
5miley
Able One

Threads: 9
E-Pigs: 2.9435
I wouldnt trust these unbricking services

What I did  when I bricked my first PSP, was just to buy another one

and then return my bricked PSP to the store and say it didnt work

The store just gave me another new one.

If you don't want to buy another PSP, just send it back to Sony

[Image: Userbars2.jpg]
[Image: SMILEY_BAR.png]
28/07/2007 05:29 AM
u_c_taker
hacks=drama

Threads: 102
E-Pigs: 36.7855
undilated platinum dosent work with ta082
get devolution
its not a permanent modchip u can unbrick the psp n remove it and keep the modchip for ue personal use in case u brick again

28/07/2007 10:03 AM
robertotron
Storm Trooper

metalgear08 Wrote:Send it to Sony telling them that it just stopped working, and if it's less than a year old then they'll replace it for free. Otherwise it's ~US$50

i think I'll do that, all i have to do is first find out from my friend how long he has had if for...
hopefully it is under a year :S

would i first phone Sony? or just send it to them with a letter or an email saying what happened?

what do you guys think is the best excuse? that it stopped working after i was trying to upgrade to 3.51 and my battery ran out, or something like that?
28/07/2007 05:48 PM
JayPh0eniX
Existential Entity

Threads: 4
E-Pigs: 0.6547
Switch it with your sisters lol.
02/08/2007 01:13 PM