Poll: What Spring 2015 anime would you like to watch?
This poll is closed.
Arslan Senki 0% 0 0%
Denpa Kyoushi 0% 0 0%
Digimon Adventure tri. 12.50% 2 12.50%
Hibike! Euphonium 25.00% 4 25.00%
Kekkai Sensen 0% 0 0%
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid 12.50% 2 12.50%
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu 18.75% 3 18.75%
Owari no Seraph 6.25% 1 6.25%
Plastic Memories 18.75% 3 18.75%
Shokugeki no Souma 6.25% 1 6.25%
Total 16 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Poll Closed] EP Anime Club - Spring 2015
S7*
Sweet Dreams

Threads: 1,056
E-Pigs: 383.2289
It's Voting Time![Image: 2vhzl75.png]

Hello anime fans - welcome to the EP Anime Club! Over the Spring 2015 season wee will focus on one or two anime, watching and discussing the winner(s) of this poll every week. Wee will watch two if there are two clear favourites in the poll! This is a multiple choice poll - pick every title you really want to watch!

New threads will be made every week as each episode comes out and as each week passes old episode threads will be merged into an archive thread which will be locked until the series has finished.

I've selected the nominees for this season - which resulted in 10, which is nice - but feel free to nominate others starting soon - see a full chart for the season over at http://anichart.net/spring

Nominees (click tab for synopsis)

Arslan Senki (Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Supernatural) [MAL]

The mangas story: In the prosperous kingdom of Pars lies the Royal Capital of Ecbatana, a city of splendor and wonder, ruled by the undefeated and fearsome King Andragoras. Arslan is the young and curious prince of Pars who, despite his best efforts, doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a proper king like his father.

At the age of 14, Arslan goes to his first battle and loses everything as the blood-soaked mist of war gives way to scorching flames, bringing him to face the demise of his once glorious kingdom. However, it is Arslan's destiny to be a ruler, and despite the trials that face him, he must now embark on a journey to reclaim his fallen kingdom.

(Source: ANN)

Denpa Kyoushi (Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen, Harem) [MAL]

Kagami Junichirou was known as a physics genius when he was a teenager, and he was even published in "Nature." However, after college, he suddenly lost all interest in science. As a NEET, he's devoted himself to his anime blog and nerdy collecting habits. He claims he has a serious illness called "I can't do anything I don't want to do." Desperate to get him to do something with his life, his little sister manages to get him a job teaching physics at his old high school. He's certainly an unconventional teacher, but he becomes fairly popular with the students. After helping a girl who's being ruthlessly bullied, Kagami finds that he actually likes teaching. Will he continue his career as a weird teacher? Will he go back into physics? Or will he end up back where he started?

(Source: MangaHelpers)

Digimon Adventure tri. (Sequel, Nostalgia, Action, Adventure, Comedy, Kids) [MAL]

Fifteen years after the summer vacation.

If wee didn't go to the Digital World. If I didn't make this trip with others. If wee didn't change at all like this.

These Digimon were always with us. Wee've been friends all the time. Wee learned the importance of helping each other. All the things have made us what wee are!

New stories for all the "DigiDestined" in the world. Taichi, seventeen, high school days.

(Source: Official teaser trailer)

Hibike! Euphonium (Music, School, Yes another school music club anime produced by KyoAni) [MAL]

Hibike! Euphonium begins when Kumiko Oumae, a girl who was in the brass band club in junior high school, visits her high school's brass band club as a first year. Kumiko's classmates Hazuki and Sapphire decide to join the club, but Kumiko sees her old classmate Reina there and hesitates. She remembers an incident she had with Reina at a brass band club contest in junior high school.

Kekkai Sensen (Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Super Power, Vampire, Supernatural, Seinen) [MAL]

A breach between Earth and the netherworlds has opened up over the city of New York, trapping New Yorkers and creatures from other dimensions in an impenetrable bubble. They've lived together for years, in a world of crazy crime sci-fi sensibilities. Now someone is threatening to sever the bubble, and a group of stylish superhumans is working to keep it from happening.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid (Sequel, Action, Adventure, Magic) [MAL]

Set four years after StrikerS, Nanoha finally has time to get off her feet. Now explore the Nanoha world in Vivio Takamichi's shoes and her device, Sacred Heart.

(Source: Dynasty Scans)

Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu (Spin-off, Comedy, Romance, School, Seinen, Really not sure about this) [MAL]

Nagato Yuki, the shy president of the literature club, has never been very sure of herself around other people. But around Kyon, the only boy in the tiny, three-person club, Yuki finds herself faltering even more than usual. For Kyon, and for her precious club, Yuki must find her confidence and let her true personality shine!

(Source: Yen Press)

Owari no Seraph (Drama, Shounen, Vampire, Supernatural) [MAL]

One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world's dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all.

(Source: Population Go)

Plastic Memories (Sci-Fi, ???) [MAL]

This story takes place in a future not too far away when androids that look exactly like humans begin to spread across the world. The android production company SA Corp. produced Giftia, a new kind of android that has the most amount of emotion and human-like qualities out of any other model ever seen.

However, due to problems in technology, the androids have a service life, and once they pass that, they... Well, it gets pretty bad. For this sake, SA Corp. creates a terminal service in order to retrieve Giftia that have gone past their service life. A new employee at the terminal service named Tsukasa Mizugaki forms a team with the Giftia Isla to retrieve the other androids, but...

Shokugeki no Souma (Ecchi, School, Shounen, FOOD!!) [MAL]

Yukihira Souma's dream is to become a full-time chef in his father's restaurant and surpass his father's culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma's fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?

(Source: Population GO)

Preview Playlist on YouTube (No Subs)

The poll will run for this week ONLY! If you know anyone else who'd like to join in invite them!

Participating will cost you 20-45~ minutes of your week, I'm sure you can afford that! NO EXCUSES! Specky

Oh, to address Where's "Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season"? As I'm "hosting" this seasons club I naturally won't nominate it as I've not seen any F/SN anime adaptations. The same can be said of a number of sequels I've excluded. Sorry about that. If you're willing to put yourself forward as host to weekly discussions for any of the sequels I've omitted, please say so!
(This post was last modified: 06/04/2015 10:40 AM by S7*.)
30/03/2015 06:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eKusoshisut0
NOIDED

Threads: 102
E-Pigs: 174.7326
RE: [Poll] EP Anime Club - Spring 2015
ooh. that Plastic Memories looks interesting just based on the synopsis

[Image: tumblr_mlae69vAW21rmerh9o1_400.gif]

More stuff
Steam Page
[Image: K7UVN.png]
Thanks to Vacui_Natale for making this awesome siggy.
[Image: cq8au.gif]
Thanks to Natalie for this sexy Mawaru Penguindrum sig. <3
[Image: ofusT.png][

[Image: 9252_s.gif]

30/03/2015 09:43 AM
S7*
Sweet Dreams

MAL links added to each title and YouTube preview playlist added!

(30/03/2015 09:43 AM)eKusoshisut0 Wrote:  ooh. that Plastic Memories looks interesting just based on the synopsis

I know right? There will be inevitable mentions of Chobits but the inclusion of androids could be where the similarities end. The PV is sweet and I liked its approach even though it barely revealed anything. Plus speculation over whether it'll be more drama or romance heavy doesn't matter to me!

Obligatory votes for Yuki-chan and Nanoha... Owari no Seraph looks like a reasonably decent fix of endless violence and Shokugeki no Souma looks plain ridiculous. I like ridiculous.
30/03/2015 01:52 PM
eKusoshisut0
NOIDED

oh man Chobits. I have had that show on my to watch list for years. I really need to get around watching it. >__<

More stuff
Steam Page

31/03/2015 12:13 PM
ProperBritish
Daddy Proper
Team DreamArts

Threads: 192
E-Pigs: 147.7035
I'm on board for Plastic Memories too

And ofc Yuki-chan.

[Image: rsz_contrast.png]

Spoiler for More sigs:
[Image: 6xu74t8]
[Image: sig.php]

[Image: 656embk]
[Image: sig.png]
(This post was last modified: 03/04/2015 07:40 AM by ProperBritish.)
03/04/2015 07:39 AM
BlueKnight
Neophitic Presence

Threads: 1
E-Pigs: 0.7511
Poor androids ~ cruel humans ~ but androids have no souls ~ or do they ~what do wee know ~ tiny slice of perception.

Plastic memories.

Saw preview, looks good, sounds good.
04/04/2015 10:01 AM
ProperBritish
Daddy Proper
Team DreamArts

Threads: 192
E-Pigs: 147.7035
voted desu

[Image: rsz_contrast.png]

Spoiler for More sigs:
[Image: 6xu74t8]
[Image: sig.php]

[Image: 656embk]
[Image: sig.png]
05/04/2015 02:40 PM
S7*
Sweet Dreams

That's it! Poll Closed. Wee'll be watching and discussing Plastic Memories and Hibike! Euphonium together over the next 3 months.

Thanks to all who voted! Madwin
05/04/2015 03:58 PM
eKusoshisut0
NOIDED

Yay ! Will there be another general thread for said anime with dl info and etc ?

More stuff
Steam Page

05/04/2015 08:21 PM
S7*
Sweet Dreams

Yep, threads will be made for each anime. A club info thread will also be up by the end of today. Gongxi
06/04/2015 02:06 AM