Guardian of the Shining Sky
Team DreamArts

Threads: 305
E-Pigs: 173.5065
RE: PSP Go help - requesting info/advise
(08/02/2015 12:47 AM)Grey Ghost Wrote:  
(06/02/2015 06:52 AM)SkyDX Wrote:  
(04/02/2015 08:18 PM)Grey Ghost Wrote:  
(02/02/2015 03:50 PM)xBu Wrote:  Id probably start checking the fuses/switch with a Multimeter if nothing else is working, very odd >.<

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Visually they look fine though, I found an image as said that highlighted the fuses and they don't look blown.

Gonna have to find me a Multimeter!

SkyDX Wrote:Well I have no idea about PSP internals so I can't be much of a help though one thing that did cross my mind, is there a way to jump-start a PSP in the same way you can start a PC mainboard by crossing the two pins manually, bypassing the switch? Maybe that could help to rule out some defects if possible :/ In any case I hope you get it fixed, that sounds really annoying >.<

Thanks Sky, and that was basically what I was thinking. I thought maybe the new battery may have caused a short circuit so I was thinking maybe it just needs a manual power on to reboot it or something.

Annoying indeeeeed!

No problem and yeah that's what I thought aswell though now you gave me a different idea based on that: I don't think it will work but it certainly won't make things worse, try to unplug the battery and hold the power switch for a while to drain every bit of left-over power in the system. Then reconnect the battery and see if you get anywhere D:

Yeah already done that buddy. Still no luck!

I managed to score another PSP Go for $50 the other day haha.

Once it arrives Ill use it to test what's wrong (motherboard or otherwise) and report results.

Thanks for the help.

No problem and ah I see, damn :/ But alright I'm curious what the issue turns out to be o.o

[Image: EgGYGSX.png]
TwitterMyAnimeList lastFMBlogdeviantART

Spoiler for Old Rainbow Sounds sig^^:
[Image: 6yWvk.png]
08/02/2015 05:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grey Ghost
Still kicking!
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 112
E-Pigs: 161.5986
(08/02/2015 05:44 AM)SkyDX Wrote:  
(08/02/2015 12:47 AM)Grey Ghost Wrote:  Yeah already done that buddy. Still no luck!

I managed to score another PSP Go for $50 the other day haha.

Once it arrives Ill use it to test what's wrong (motherboard or otherwise) and report results.

Thanks for the help.

No problem and ah I see, damn :/ But alright I'm curious what the issue turns out to be o.o

Ok you got to be kidding me.

So the new psp go arrived that I got for $50. It's in pretty average condition, lots of knocks and scratches, and the X button was pretty stuck and hard to press.

I carefully took the back cover off just as before, made sure it was all off, peeled off the void sticker, and took the battery out.

As a clear note: The psp go worked 100% beforehand. When I opened it I did a quick test turn on and it was fine.

The plan was to swap its motherboard around with the psp go that has been giving me all this trouble. Anyway, I took the battery out and then just to test it but the battery back in and turned it on.

FUCKING NOTHING

I swear to Christ the exact same thing happened. After removing the battery and putting it back in it won't fudgeing turn on! Exact same symptoms as my other psp go (battery still charges, nothing looks broken, fuses look ok). I literally look the battery out for a few seconds then put it back in.

This can't be a coincidence, there must be something in psp go's that makes them fudgeing spaz if you remove the battery. It must need some sort of hardboot? Fuuuuck this is annoying.

I had 6.31 or something PRO firmware on it that I removed before taking it apart, so I know its not firmware related or bricked. Holy spoon this is crazy.

What the spoon guys?
(This post was last modified: 10/02/2015 11:48 PM by Grey Ghost.)
10/02/2015 11:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barcelona
Too Young To Care

Threads: 88
E-Pigs: 60.4042
Time to scan the thing, man! Post a picture of the whole thing

[Image: A73TX.png]
Quotes That Made Me Lol
Joomla12 Wrote:Who are you?
(02/08/2011 08:26 AM)eKusoshisut0 Wrote:  ┻┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻┻
Previous Signatures
First Signature Wrote:Rep me up or I'll GENTLY CARESS you in the booty!
Second Signature Wrote:Studies have shown that for everyone person that doesn't rep me up, an angel gets a hernea.
Third Signature Wrote:Dead Trademark91 killed me.
Fourth Signature Wrote:Windows Proud
Fifth Signature Wrote:I'm waiting for someone to chime in with an arrow. Any tamed wolves you can be traced back to my forum signature.
Sixth Signature Wrote:[Image: 7hjyW.png]
11/02/2015 03:31 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Oh but of course, if people could just upgrade the battery, they wouldn't buy a whole new iPhone console!

From the PSP Stop Go sales department
12/02/2015 12:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grey Ghost
Still kicking!
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 112
E-Pigs: 161.5986
(11/02/2015 03:31 PM)Barcelona Wrote:  Time to scan the thing, man! Post a picture of the whole thing

Will do soon. They have annoyed me so are low on my priority list now.
12/02/2015 12:42 PM