Vacui Natale's Random Thoughts
Because Twitter is blocked on this restricted internet connection and my thoughts are usually longer than 140 characters
Vacui Natale
Too Small to Fail

Threads: 37
E-Pigs: 142.2727
Vacui Natale's Random Thoughts
Hey everyone! I've been away for about 3 weeks now, and I thought I should explain. Currently, I am attending Job Corps. I decided it was best I start training for a career, and after I graduate, I plan to work and go back to college for IT stuff. Although, while I'm here, I can go off to advanced training for IT, so... it's a win-win situation either way.

I've managed to make a few friends here, and I'm learning not to be so shy. Just sort of bored out of my mind, since there's not much to do here. I'd like to go home for the weekends, and bring some more of my stuff so I can entertain myself, but I can't get in touch with my aunt :/ I think I might sign up for leadership classes, so I can run for the SGA (Student Government Association), but it's probably a popularity contest, and... I'm not that popular :P In fact, everyone thinks I'm weird and/or scary; It's high school all over again!! D:

Anyway... I haven't started training yet. Next week I have "Center Support", which is basically community service. Wee(me and the other students I came in with)'ll be doing stuff around the Center, but I heard from my roommate that it was pretty fun, and not a bad experience. Hmm... What else? Oh! I originally planned to train for Clinical Medical Assistant, but decided to train for Office Administration, which is basically secretary work and other poo poo. Wee had "hands-on" this week, which is basically where wee get taste of the vocations wee'll be training for. I pretty much breezed through the OA work, and didn't really do much for the other ones that I picked, since it was basically more of just "observing the class" than "hands on" -_-

Anyway... That's what I've been up to. I really hope I'll be able to get into contact with my aunt soon, since I would like to go home and spend some time with my girlfriend. She emails me everyday, but it's still depressing as fudge -_-

On another note, this site was originally blocked when I first tried to browse it. Which means Uncle Sam really is monitoring my activity here, lol. Since the site is categorized as "games" it was blocked, but I guess someone in the IT department actually browsed it, and didn't see anything of the sort, and found out it was just a discussion forum. I have a forum of my own, and it's blocked, and I can't view it unless I use Google Translate as a proxy :/ It's categorized as "none", but it's only a discussion forum for fudge's sake! It's pretty irritating, and I can't log in. It's not that active anyway, but eh... whatever.

Anyway... I better go back upstairs to my dorm, before someone steals my underwear out of the dryer! (Yes that happens here...)

Spoiler:
[Image: rxkWoQK.png]
Spoiler for Awesome Bart Simpson Sig by Shady!:
[Image: GUWIMOj.png]
Spoiler for PSN:
[Image: SDNRK99.png]
(This post was last modified: 14/03/2014 04:11 PM by Vacui Natale.)
14/03/2014 04:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Joom
WOOP
Worlds End

Threads: 417
E-Pigs: 134.1772
RE: Vacui Natale's Random Thoughts
Did your underwear get 'borrowed'?

[Image: ROVBdMh.png]
3DS Friend Code: 5000-6045-4964
15/03/2014 01:35 PM
Vacui Natale
Too Small to Fail

Thankfully they didn't, because most of the assholes go home on the weekends, lol. I forgot that. Which is why the weekends are the best time to do, well, anything here.

Also, I'll never understand why someone would want to 'borrow' something that was on another person's crotch... I understand panty thieves because they're perverts, but girls stealing them to actually wear them? They'll even 'borrow' it when it's still in the washer :I

Spoiler:
Spoiler for PSN:
15/03/2014 02:48 PM
No1sy B0y
You Shut The Fuck Up

Threads: 180
E-Pigs: 63.0997
Where exactly are you? Sorry, been away as well.

[Image: 2gwf49t.png]
15/03/2014 07:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vacui Natale
Too Small to Fail

(15/03/2014 07:42 PM)No1sy B0y Wrote:  Where exactly are you? Sorry, been away as well.

I'm currently boarding at a Job Corps center in Maryland :P

Spoiler:
Spoiler for PSN:
16/03/2014 12:36 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Wow, sounds exciting!
How long does the vocational training last?

(14/03/2014 04:10 PM)Vacui Natale Wrote:  I can run for the SGA (Student Government Association), but it's probably a popularity contest, and... I'm not that popular :P In fact, everyone thinks I'm weird and/or scary; It's high school all over again!! D:
Well, it's always worth a shot - don't really have much to lose.
Actually, it can be good if you don't think you'll win - take it as an opportunity and don't be afraid to try something weird or unusual!

Others probably don't consider you weird/scary - it may just be your shyness making you uncertain.  And on the other hand, shy people are often misunderstood, because, well, shy people have trouble expressing themselves.

(14/03/2014 04:10 PM)Vacui Natale Wrote:  Anyway... I haven't started training yet. Next week I have "Center Support", which is basically community service. Wee(me and the other students I came in with)'ll be doing stuff around the Center, but I heard from my roommate that it was pretty fun, and not a bad experience. Hmm... What else? Oh! I originally planned to train for Clinical Medical Assistant, but decided to train for Office Administration, which is basically secretary work and other poo poo. Wee had "hands-on" this week, which is basically where wee get taste of the vocations wee'll be training for. I pretty much breezed through the OA work, and didn't really do much for the other ones that I picked, since it was basically more of just "observing the class" than "hands on" -_-
How many classes do you get to pick, and how long do they last?

(14/03/2014 04:10 PM)Vacui Natale Wrote:  I guess someone in the IT department actually browsed it, and didn't see anything of the sort, and found out it was just a discussion forum
Hehehehe, how wrong they are =P

(14/03/2014 04:10 PM)Vacui Natale Wrote:  I have a forum of my own, and it's blocked, and I can't view it unless I use Google Translate as a proxy :/ It's categorized as "none", but it's only a discussion forum for fudge's sake! It's pretty irritating, and I can't log in. It's not that active anyway, but eh... whatever.
Overly pedantic internet filters >_>
No 3G coverage there?

(15/03/2014 02:48 PM)Vacui Natale Wrote:  Also, I'll never understand why someone would want to 'borrow' something that was on another person's crotch... I understand panty thieves because they're perverts, but girls stealing them to actually wear them? They'll even 'borrow' it when it's still in the washer :I
Well, the entrepreneurial mindset inside of me says that there may be an economic solution to this problem! (until someone decides to ban the practice)
16/03/2014 08:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
No1sy B0y
You Shut The Fuck Up

(16/03/2014 12:36 PM)Vacui Natale Wrote:  
(15/03/2014 07:42 PM)No1sy B0y Wrote:  Where exactly are you? Sorry, been away as well.

Is it one of those government places where people age 16-24 can study for free?

If so, I had no idea you could also live there.

17/03/2014 11:31 AM
Vacui Natale
Too Small to Fail

(16/03/2014 08:14 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Wow, sounds exciting!
How long does the vocational training last?

Hmm... It usually takes 8 to 12 months to complete a trade, but then again it depends on the trade and the individual. It's a self-paced program, meaning some finish earlier than expected. For example, CMA (Clinical Medical Assistant) takes about 6 months to complete, but some students here finished in 4 months. Office Administration takes 6 months to complete, so I should be done by October or something.

(16/03/2014 08:14 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  
(14/03/2014 04:10 PM)Vacui Natale Wrote:  I can run for the SGA (Student Government Association), but it's probably a popularity contest, and... I'm not that popular :P In fact, everyone thinks I'm weird and/or scary; It's high school all over again!! D:

Well, it's always worth a shot - don't really have much to lose.
Actually, it can be good if you don't think you'll win - take it as an opportunity and don't be afraid to try something weird or unusual!

Others probably don't consider you weird/scary - it may just be your shyness making you uncertain.  And on the other hand, shy people are often misunderstood, because, well, shy people have trouble expressing themselves.

Yeah, I guess I could give it a shot. The instructor for the leadership classes seems pretty cool. He's into anime and manga :D

Hmm... I wish I could agree, but I've heard some girls say that about me as I passed by, and I have had a few friends tell me, "You know... I thought you were scary as fudge at first, until I got to know you" >.< But yes, I do have trouble expressing myself :/

(14/03/2014 04:10 PM)Vacui Natale Wrote:  Anyway... I haven't started training yet. Next week I have "Center Support", which is basically community service. Wee(me and the other students I came in with)'ll be doing stuff around the Center, but I heard from my roommate that it was pretty fun, and not a bad experience. Hmm... What else? Oh! I originally planned to train for Clinical Medical Assistant, but decided to train for Office Administration, which is basically secretary work and other poo poo. Wee had "hands-on" this week, which is basically where wee get taste of the vocations wee'll be training for. I pretty much breezed through the OA work, and didn't really do much for the other ones that I picked, since it was basically more of just "observing the class" than "hands on" -_-
How many classes do you get to pick, and how long do they last?

Typically, you pick only one trade, but if the vocation you pick is pretty short, then you get to pick another one after you complete your first trade. The maximum time people can spend here is 2 years, so that's why it's limited. It's also a government funded program, so everything here is paid for by tax payer dollars, which is why training is at no cost to students.

When you first get here, you have to take a TABE test. It's a basic skills test that tests you in reading and math, and if you don't score at least a 614 (which is the 12.9 grade level), then you'll get stuck in Academics until you get into your trade. That or you'll be bi-weekly; you'll do academics one week, and your vocational training the next week.

(14/03/2014 04:10 PM)Vacui Natale Wrote:  I guess someone in the IT department actually browsed it, and didn't see anything of the sort, and found out it was just a discussion forum
Hehehehe, how wrong they are =P

Shhhhhhhhhhh!

(14/03/2014 04:10 PM)Vacui Natale Wrote:  I have a forum of my own, and it's blocked, and I can't view it unless I use Google Translate as a proxy :/ It's categorized as "none", but it's only a discussion forum for fudge's sake! It's pretty irritating, and I can't log in. It's not that active anyway, but eh... whatever.
Overly pedantic internet filters >_>
No 3G coverage there?

There is, but I don't have a phone :<

(15/03/2014 02:48 PM)Vacui Natale Wrote:  Also, I'll never understand why someone would want to 'borrow' something that was on another person's crotch... I understand panty thieves because they're perverts, but girls stealing them to actually wear them? They'll even 'borrow' it when it's still in the washer :I
Well, the entrepreneurial mindset inside of me says that there may be an economic solution to this problem! (until someone decides to ban the practice)

Hehe, I've heard of that...

(17/03/2014 11:31 AM)No1sy B0y Wrote:  

Yes, it's a government funded program designed to get youths into the workforce, military, advanced training, or college. And yes, you can also live here, or be a "non-rez" student if you live close by. You'd only have to come here from 8am-4pm like regular school. I only live 15 minutes away from the center I'm going to, but decided to be a residential student, so I wouldn't be a burden to my aunt :P (She's 87)

Also, you can go home on the weekends, but only if you've passed your drug test. If you fail, you have to stay here for the first 45 days. After those 45 days have passed, they'll test you again, if you fail, you will get terminated. Other than that, you only have to stay for the first weekend. You also have recreational trips, where you get to go the movies, bowling, amusement parks, etc. It's not a bad place. Then again, I'm going to the 5th best Job Corps in the country, lol... But yeah, it's not as bad as people make it out to be; it's what you make of it, but it also depends on the center. And yes, you can choose which center you want to go to.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for PSN:
(This post was last modified: 17/03/2014 04:01 PM by Vacui Natale.)
17/03/2014 03:59 PM
No1sy B0y
You Shut The Fuck Up

Vacui Natale Wrote:
(17/03/2014 11:31 AM)No1sy B0y Wrote:  

Yes, it's a government funded program designed to get youths into the workforce, military, advanced training, or college. And yes, you can also live here, or be a "non-rez" student if you live close by. You'd only have to come here from 8am-4pm like regular school. I only live 15 minutes away from the center I'm going to, but decided to be a residential student, so I wouldn't be a burden to my aunt :P (She's 87)

Also, you can go home on the weekends, but only if you've passed your drug test. If you fail, you have to stay here for the first 45 days. After those 45 days have passed, they'll test you again, if you fail, you will get terminated. Other than that, you only have to stay for the first weekend. You also have recreational trips, where you get to go the movies, bowling, amusement parks, etc. It's not a bad place. Then again, I'm going to the 5th best Job Corps in the country, lol... But yeah, it's not as bad as people make it out to be; it's what you make of it, but it also depends on the center. And yes, you can choose which center you want to go to.

Based on what you're saying, the place sounds like a blast. No difference to a College.

Out of all the things it helps youth get into, I don't undestand how it helps get youth into college.

So, they check you before leaving, or returning to the place? I assume it's when returning, right?

(This post was last modified: 17/03/2014 08:09 PM by No1sy B0y.)
17/03/2014 08:06 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
(17/03/2014 03:59 PM)Vacui Natale Wrote:  Hmm... I wish I could agree, but I've heard some girls say that about me as I passed by, and I have had a few friends tell me, "You know... I thought you were scary as fudge at first, until I got to know you" >.<
Well there you go - it's just a matter of understanding.
I wouldn't pay too much attention to it - I'm sure that those people are saying all sorts of other things about others.
You probably just pay a bit too much attention to the negative aspects of yourself.
17/03/2014 10:02 PM