MORE Classical Piano
Some Beethoven :)
andrewcc
OMG they killed Kenny!
Worlds End

Threads: 305
E-Pigs: 49.4291
RE: MORE Classical Piano
nice playing dude. I'm hoping to get back into keys/piano once i reach a level I'm happy with on guitar. i prefer contemporary piano myself but classical is still nice. I've played keys for years and my right hand can do just about anything I'll need some nice pieces to train my left up

[Image: spideysigcopycopycopy.png?t=1308548347]

[Image: ccandrew.png]

Object Link

Click here to view embedded webpage

Please note that by activating this feature, there may be undesirable consequences

Page: http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/v=2/track=2423211127/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/
(This post was last modified: 09/01/2014 11:30 AM by andrewcc.)
09/01/2014 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
weterr123
Paradigmatic Entity

Threads: 32
E-Pigs: 14.1760
Thanks for taking a look dude. The first 'serious' (and by serious, I mean complex beyond all previous pieces, ie beyond fudgeing about lol) piece I learnt was Maple Leaf Rag. This was when I was 15, I saw someone at school playing the first bit of it. This made me remember listening to Joplin as a kid with my grandfather, and I just had to learn it. I nagged the lad to teach me what he knew, which was the 'A' section and a little of the 'B'. From there, I taught myself how to read s h e e t  music (at a very slow pace, storing to memory, NOT sight-reading and playing) and finished the piece. From there I went to The Easy Winners (another Joplin rag, in the same key as Maple Leaf).

Anyway, this has 2 points, first being my story of how I got into piano seriously. 2nd being, I had never worked my left hand so much, ragtime was such a huge leap from pissing about on keyboards.... Andrewcc, maybe have a crack at a ragtime piece?

[Image: o-ultimo-portal-0.gif]

[Image: sig2.png]
(This post was last modified: 10/01/2014 07:51 AM by weterr123.)
10/01/2014 07:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andrewcc
OMG they killed Kenny!
Worlds End

Threads: 305
E-Pigs: 49.4291
(10/01/2014 07:48 AM)weterr123 Wrote:  Thanks for taking a look dude. The first 'serious' (and by serious, I mean complex beyond all previous pieces, ie beyond fudgeing about lol) piece I learnt was Maple Leaf Rag. This was when I was 15, I saw someone at school playing the first bit of it. This made me remember listening to Joplin as a kid with my grandfather, and I just had to learn it. I nagged the lad to teach me what he knew, which was the 'A' section and a little of the 'B'. From there, I taught myself how to read s h e e t  music (at a very slow pace, storing to memory, NOT sight-reading and playing) and finished the piece. From there I went to The Easy Winners (another Joplin rag, in the same key as Maple Leaf).

Anyway, this has 2 points, first being my story of how I got into piano seriously. 2nd being, I had never worked my left hand so much, ragtime was such a huge leap from pissing about on keyboards.... Andrewcc, maybe have a crack at a ragtime piece?

I've played maple leaf before right hand only with my left doing chords, ragtime is a good suggestion. i could do with getting some books or shit music really. jazz piano is probably my favourite style of piano

[Image: spideysigcopycopycopy.png?t=1308548347]

[Image: ccandrew.png]

Object Link

Click here to view embedded webpage

Please note that by activating this feature, there may be undesirable consequences

Page: http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/v=2/track=2423211127/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/
10/01/2014 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply