Multiseating Windows
Ajdy
Neophitic Presence

Threads: 0
E-Pigs: 0.5800
RE: Multiseating Windows
Hi, I just want to join the others and show my setup.
A few days ago i had a epic failure at my small office. I broke one of my two computers (water damage, don't ask me how). Me and my colleague really have too much work to do it on one computer. Wee desperately needed a second computer, but currently have not the money to buy it. Since the computers wee use for work are powerful enough and have strong graphics, one of my friends suggested me multiseating. I had no idea what multiseating was, but after he explained me, I was interested in trying it. He found this forum and helped me set everything up with SoftXpand. Wee are really happy with the setup and I'm pretty sure wee won't be buying a second computer. I'm not techy but I know that the computer wee're using has a processor with four cores, 4 GB of RAM and is running Windows 7 32-bit.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

30/03/2012 06:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XboxRainbowMods
Neophitic Presence

E-Pigs: 0.5480
I signed up on this forum just to post a question for Yairf maker of Miniframe Multiseat software.
My question is:
I want to use one computer, that same resources, and control each screen on my PC with a different input controllers such as different mouse, keyboard, etc.
For example, in Windows 7 x64 I want to be logged in as one user and run a game on one screen and run a different program on another screen which monitors the first screen.
So screen A:
Same windows user and resources.
1 window screen in focus with it's own pre-selected mouse and keyboard.

screen B:

So in other words I need a tool which not only maps 2 sets of keyboard/mouse to different screens but also allows two windows to be in focus at the same time.
All on the same user so data in memory is easily accessed from either side.

I've been looking for a program which does this without the need to setup a virtual system.
There's no need to duplicate an entire OS installation and dependencies (which could be massive) just for an Virtualbox.
I just want to powerup, log in once, and GO crazy. ty if you have a solution.

note to admin:
I love MyBB too <3

[Image: v2PDO.gif]
I mod DD, but I also do web design, logos, motion graphics, video editing.
I found selling mods is completely legal so I made a site 4 it.. ;D
16/01/2013 11:17 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Considering the time he last responded (and visited), I doubt he's coming back, so you're probably better off asking on their site.
But assigning input controls to specific windows is difficult if not impossible.  I don't know what this "other program" is, but how are you certain that it must be running in the same user?  For example, if the inter-process communication is done via sockets, this shouldn't be necessary.
17/01/2013 04:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yairf_miniframe
Neophitic Presence

E-Pigs: 0.7911
Hi @XboxRainbowMods
Yes - this is exactly what the program does.
There are many gamers who use it to play a game on one monitor, and watch the walkthrough on the other, at the same time.
Thanks, Yair

(16/01/2013 11:17 PM)XboxRainbowMods Wrote:  I signed up on this forum just to post a question for Yairf maker of Miniframe Multiseat software.
My question is:
I want to use one computer, that same resources, and control each screen on my PC with a different input controllers such as different mouse, keyboard, etc.
For example, in Windows 7 x64 I want to be logged in as one user and run a game on one screen and run a different program on another screen which monitors the first screen.
So screen A:

screen B:

So in other words I need a tool which not only maps 2 sets of keyboard/mouse to different screens but also allows two windows to be in focus at the same time.
All on the same user so data in memory is easily accessed from either side.

I've been looking for a program which does this without the need to setup a virtual system.
There's no need to duplicate an entire OS installation and dependencies (which could be massive) just for an Virtualbox.
I just want to powerup, log in once, and GO crazy. ty if you have a solution.

note to admin:
I love MyBB too <3

[Image: v2PDO.gif]
I mod DD, but I also do web design, logos, motion graphics, video editing.
I found selling mods is completely legal so I made a site 4 it.. ;D
17/01/2013 08:23 AM