Jem
Nothing Useful Here

Threads: 43
E-Pigs: 29.6572
RE: Not being mainstream became mainstream
I feel really ashamed now:

[Image: 3mHjr.png]

I count 14 Pop songs

(This post was last modified: 18/03/2012 02:21 PM by Jem.)
18/03/2012 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andrewcc
OMG they killed Kenny!
Worlds End

Threads: 305
E-Pigs: 49.4291
RE: Not being mainstream became mainstream
(18/03/2012 12:37 PM)S7* Wrote:  
(18/03/2012 12:15 PM)andrewcc Wrote:  oh fudge i hate it when a band goes mainstream. whenever this happens the band has to write music for a much bigger fan base which consists of a load of narrow minded idiots who know nothing about music. they also have to become "radio friendly" for all the family listeners which basically means that their music gets watered down to the point that they might as well not play it.

You're automatically assuming mainstream = poo poo music. That is simply untrue. It can be easily said that "mainstream" music of the past was much better than what wee have now - in my opinion it is notably for the reasons you point out - it seems to be targeted towards very narrow minded people. Thankfully, that isn't absolutely the case, now and then there is a good band or track even that breaks into the "mainstream" that you can enjoy.

Even bands that go mainstream, sometimes they can pull it off while retaining their style.. or even, they simply become mainstream due to the adjustment of a large number of peoples tastes.

I think what you hate is pop music - not mainstream music. Saying you hate mainstream music is too much of a generalization.

Radio friendly isn't necessarily a bad thing either - you're presuming all good music is inaccessible or contains language that can't be aired.

(18/03/2012 12:36 PM)Jem Wrote:  
(18/03/2012 09:17 AM)Funky Buddah Wrote:  BIEBER! BIEBER!

Don't even say that. He killed mainstream music and made it even worse

He killed the idea of music that can be considered popular within the general public?

That doesn't make sense.

well i didn't necessarily mean to say i hate music just for being mainstream, you're right about that... pop music is the main thing that tends to be unappealing for me because the songs tend to be a little to simply written for me... i don't listen to anything on the radio because most of it tends to be obnoxious but there are some mainstream bands i enjoy... i think i may have just mixed up mainstream with popular.... oh and speaking about not being mainstream if anybody ever wanted to hear stuff they never thought existed they just need to look at the music section here in the void...

[Image: spideysigcopycopycopy.png?t=1308548347]

[Image: ccandrew.png]

Object Link

Click here to view embedded webpage

Please note that by activating this feature, there may be undesirable consequences

Page: http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/v=2/track=2423211127/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/
(This post was last modified: 19/03/2012 03:14 PM by andrewcc.)
19/03/2012 03:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply