Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Takashi Miike and Ace Attorney? why not? (Ace Attorney Live action movie confirmed)
krystabegnalie
~~~~I can cut trees!~~~

Threads: 218
E-Pigs: 79.3639
Takashi Miike and Ace Attorney? why not? (Ace Attorney Live action mov
Quote:In what is surely one of the weirdest news stories I’ve read all week, Capcom have officially announced that a movie adaptation of their popular Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney video game series is in development. The franchise has been a hit on the Nintendo DS both in Japan as well as the rest of the world, with players taking control of a rookie defense lawyer who investigates various cases and ultimately takes them to the courtroom. The games have a cartoony style and a goofy sense of humour, and are generally considered to be fun for the whole family. That’s not really the weird part though. The weird part is that the director of the movie is none other than Takashi Miike, the man behind such violent and disturbing films as Audition, Ichi the Killer, and most recently, 13 Assassins. Has the renegade filmmaker finally sold out?

Rumours of Miike’s involvement first started at Cannes, where he mentioned in an interview with The Huffington Post that his next movie would be “a court drama, based on a video game.” Since then, Capcom has officially announced the project and confirmed Miike’s involvement. Hiroki Narimiya (Azumi) will play Phoenix Wright, while Mirei Kiritani and Takumi Saito (Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl) will co-star as his assistant and a rival lawyer respectively.

I’m not that familiar with all of Miike’s films, and I believe he has done a few family-friendly flicks before but still… this does not really seem like his style. That being said, I am actually somewhat curious to see what comes of it. The movie will hit theatres in Japan in spring 2012, but a North American release still has yet to be determined. Are you interested in seeing a Takashi Miike-directed Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney movie?

source:
http://www.filmjunk.com/2011/05/27/takas...ney-movie/

hell yeah, seeing his Yatterman live action film, this film can get justice because of his style, hehehe (im imagining words Objection in Japanese coming in the screen, lol)

well i love also Ichi the Killer, hehehe

Spoiler for don't look, might destruct your mind:
[Image: funny_math.jpg]
Spoiler for anime planet:
[Image: krystabegnalie.jpg]
29/05/2011 11:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
S7*
Sweet Dreams

Threads: 1,056
E-Pigs: 383.2289
RE: Takashi Miike and Ace Attorney? why not? (Ace Attorney Live action
he does a mixture of films - don't see why he can't give this a go. Hopefully it'll be a good film :D
30/05/2011 12:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Silvertie
Older, less cringe, still mad.
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 32
E-Pigs: 32.7022
RE: Takashi Miike and Ace Attorney? why not? (Ace Attorney Live action
I don't see why they can't make a decent movie out of phoenix wright. I just hope they pick one of the better cases and not fudge with it too much.

"Books! I've read several on the subject!"
[Image: khadorsigfinal.jpg]
Silvertie: The Blog | A Door In Nowhere: The Webcomic
30/05/2011 03:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply