[Errors n Stuff] Firefox And Caching
Slushba132
BustyLoli-Chan

Threads: 508
E-Pigs: 73.1299
[Errors n Stuff] Firefox And Caching
Okay... so I know have firefox4 setup on two computer and I am having cache problems all the time on both. Firefox seems to half donkey cache pages all the time resulting in errors and other various problems when I try to navigate on websites or revisit pages. The most common problems I notice are style sheets being completely screwed up and not loading or various errors with anything that tries to use javascript...

for now I have disabled my cache entirely but this does cause a slight increase in load times when browsing. Does anyone else have problems with firefox lately in terms of pages loading funny scripts not working etc? Also if anyone has fixed this problem in the past how did they do it?

28/05/2011 03:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
RE: [Errors n Stuff] Firefox And Caching
Never had the issue.  Do you happen to have some proxy between you and the site?  That's including any transparent proxies your ISP may be using too.

Does it happen to all websites or just some?
Try also loading the cached CSS/JS file to see if it contains the correct content.
30/05/2011 02:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
krystabegnalie
~~~~I can cut trees!~~~

Threads: 218
E-Pigs: 79.3639
don't have issues also (though ive experience random hangs and hiccups when using firefox 4), but overall browsing is faster than 3.X (well ive change my stance since google chrome now crash in my system)

Spoiler for don't look, might destruct your mind:
[Image: funny_math.jpg]
Spoiler for anime planet:
[Image: krystabegnalie.jpg]
30/05/2011 03:25 AM
Slushba132
BustyLoli-Chan

Threads: 508
E-Pigs: 73.1299
UPDATE:
(30/05/2011 02:44 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Never had the issue.  Do you happen to have some proxy between you and the site?  That's including any transparent proxies your ISP may be using too.

Does it happen to all websites or just some?
Try also loading the cached CSS/JS file to see if it contains the correct content.

I don't have any proxies on my end, I do not know if my ISP does but I doubt it since disable-ing the cache on one computer has so far given me no problems. Also it can happen with any website Facebook, EP, omegle, thepiratebay

Also, I've been running with the cache on my laptop off for about 2 weeks now (maybe 3) and have had no problems on it
This machine (desktop) has had the cache enabled and it was still screwing up a couple of minutes ago... I just turned it off... this seems to have fixed all problems...

as long as you have the internet to redownload everything everytime...

10/06/2011 08:34 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Have no idea of the problem.  I was wondering if an intermediary proxy may be messing up the cache control headers, but if that's not the case then I wouldn't know.
Tried an easlier version of Firefox?
13/06/2011 04:06 AM