Many Office Workers Would Smash PC for Upgrade
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Many Office Workers Would Smash PC for Upgrade
Quote:One in four office workers reckons that the best way to get a new work computer is to smash up the one they have - either that or to take it down the junk shop themselves.

Some 40 per cent of office workers complain that their aging workplace PC hurts their productivity and many are tempted to resort to extreme measures to get an upgrade, including taking a hammer to to aging beast on the desktop.

Of some 3,000 office workers questioned across the UK, France and Germany, those in Britain  are forced to use the most outdated workplace computers. The average computer in a British office was found to be over five years old, compared to German businesses, where the average age of a computer is only two years and seven months.

The French, however,  were most likely resort to breaking their office PC, seeing it as the quickest way to get an upgrade.

Three times as many French respondents as Germans believe deliberately breaking their hardware is the best option, with the majority of Germans trusting their bosses to get them an upgrade when the time was right.

British workers become particularly frustrated when their work computers fail to match the performance of the PCs they’ve grown accustomed to at home. Some 40 per cent of British office workers surveyed have newer computers at home than they do at work – with those work computers being, on average, two years older.

Office employees who reported their work computer was older than their home computer were twice as likely to think that breaking a device is the best way to get an upgrade out of their employer.
Quote:Some ten per cent of UK workers said they’d even resort to buying new parts for their work devices themselves to perform their own upgrade; particularly those who work in smaller organisations. .  
Read more: http://www.thinq.co.uk/2011/4/12/workers...z1JMTtrmpf

Are you an office worker with a shabby PC?
For me, laptop is a C2D with 2GB RAM.  Desktop is a C2D E8400 with 2GB RAM too.
I don't clog it with poo poo, though some stuff in the standard install image make the thing slow.  Generally though, I find the network being the bottleneck, rather than the computer.  Then again, I'm more tech oriented than the majority of office staff.
12/04/2011 06:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eKusoshisut0
NOIDED

Threads: 102
E-Pigs: 174.7326
RE: Many Office Workers Would Smash PC for Upgrade
LOl.
Smash computer = get a new one guaranteed

Genius!

[Image: tumblr_mlae69vAW21rmerh9o1_400.gif]

More stuff
Steam Page
[Image: K7UVN.png]
Thanks to Vacui_Natale for making this awesome siggy.
[Image: cq8au.gif]
Thanks to Natalie for this sexy Mawaru Penguindrum sig. <3
[Image: ofusT.png][

[Image: 9252_s.gif]

12/04/2011 10:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Careful.  Either computer gets replaced or you get replaced..

Personally am a bit critical about the survey.  I mean, if I asked someone unhappy about their computer whether they'd smash it to get an upgrade, vs whether they'd actually do it...
12/04/2011 11:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vegetano1
$urf

Threads: 397
E-Pigs: 2756.6280
Alot of PC are going to be smashed tomorrwowwww!!

Good idee Hoho

Make loads of $$!! it wurks!!
[Image: csbanner_anim_03.gif]
Signed Homebrew by bsanehi & OMightyBuggy
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthr...?tid=25707
Spoiler for My miniBlog:
12/04/2011 11:22 PM