New to NDS Hacking...
SkyDX
Guardian of the Shining Sky
Team DreamArts

Threads: 305
E-Pigs: 173.5065
RE: New to NDS Hacking...
Yep the Pre-Updated one should work fine^^ And just a info, after I upgraded the low level firmware of my Acekard the DSi recognizes it as the game Danny Phantom, it's normal, don't worry.

[Image: EgGYGSX.png]
TwitterMyAnimeList lastFMBlogdeviantART

Spoiler for Old Rainbow Sounds sig^^:
[Image: 6yWvk.png]
14/03/2011 06:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ringwurm1984
Neophitic Presence

Threads: 0
E-Pigs: 1.2609
(14/03/2011 03:44 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Thanks a lot for the info everyone - really helps :)

(13/03/2011 06:34 AM)SkyDX Wrote:  Well yeah you need a Flashcard Zinga, a Acekard2i should work fine, just you should have a DS Lite somewhere around. In case the DSi XLs Firmware was updated Acekards will be blocked, then you need a DS Lite to flash the Acekard with the newest firmware bypass.
I presume this pre-updated one will work?
http://www.realhotstuff.com/acekard-free...p-321.html
EDIT: free shipping within US only - should've expected that.  +$22 shipping to Australia makes it like $40 :/  I guess it's not that much still.
So either $26 and find an old DS to update with, or $40 and save the hassle...

Need to see the firmware version on the thing...
Bought yesterday, so probably has one of the latest firmwares.
EDIT: version 1.4.1A - so I guess it would work.

Lol, SD slot on the device sounds useless.

yeah there are pre-updated the ones i ordered from redhotdeals a few weeks ago were already on the new "Alex Rider Stormbreaker thq" update.

On the 8th of September 2010 Nintendo released firmware update 1.4.1 for the DSi/ DSi XL, this update blocks the Acekard 2i from working even if it was previously updated with the 'Danny Phantom' 1.4 fix. In order for the Acekard 2i to be used on a console with firmware 1.4.1, you need to apply the the 'Alex Rider - Stormbreaker' 1.4.1 fix. You can find out the firmware version of your DSi by going to the System Settings (Wrench Icon) and the Firmware version will be displayed in bottom right corner of the top screen. No retail purchased consoles have been reported as coming with firmware 1.4.1 preinstalled, but they are likely to start showing up within the next few weeks.

Firmware 1.4.2 is only for China, and is their version of the 1.4.1 update. The 'Alex Rider - Stormbreaker' fix works for both firmware versions

If your DSi has firmware 1.4, it's important you update your Acekard's firmware before you update your DSi's firmware. Before you update the DSi's firmware to 1.4.1, make sure the Acekard is displayed in the DSi's menu as Alex Rider - Stormrider .

source plus setup instructions

[Image: sig2.jpg]
14/03/2011 09:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SkyDX
Guardian of the Shining Sky
Team DreamArts

Threads: 305
E-Pigs: 173.5065
(14/03/2011 09:53 AM)ringwurm1984 Wrote:  
(14/03/2011 03:44 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Thanks a lot for the info everyone - really helps :)

(13/03/2011 06:34 AM)SkyDX Wrote:  Well yeah you need a Flashcard Zinga, a Acekard2i should work fine, just you should have a DS Lite somewhere around. In case the DSi XLs Firmware was updated Acekards will be blocked, then you need a DS Lite to flash the Acekard with the newest firmware bypass.
I presume this pre-updated one will work?
http://www.realhotstuff.com/acekard-free...p-321.html
EDIT: free shipping within US only - should've expected that.  +$22 shipping to Australia makes it like $40 :/  I guess it's not that much still.
So either $26 and find an old DS to update with, or $40 and save the hassle...

Need to see the firmware version on the thing...
Bought yesterday, so probably has one of the latest firmwares.
EDIT: version 1.4.1A - so I guess it would work.

Lol, SD slot on the device sounds useless.

yeah there are pre-updated the ones i ordered from redhotdeals a few weeks ago were already on the new "Alex Rider Stormbreaker thq" update.

On the 8th of September 2010 Nintendo released firmware update 1.4.1 for the DSi/ DSi XL, this update blocks the Acekard 2i from working even if it was previously updated with the 'Danny Phantom' 1.4 fix. In order for the Acekard 2i to be used on a console with firmware 1.4.1, you need to apply the the 'Alex Rider - Stormbreaker' 1.4.1 fix. You can find out the firmware version of your DSi by going to the System Settings (Wrench Icon) and the Firmware version will be displayed in bottom right corner of the top screen. No retail purchased consoles have been reported as coming with firmware 1.4.1 preinstalled, but they are likely to start showing up within the next few weeks.

Firmware 1.4.2 is only for China, and is their version of the 1.4.1 update. The 'Alex Rider - Stormbreaker' fix works for both firmware versions

If your DSi has firmware 1.4, it's important you update your Acekard's firmware before you update your DSi's firmware. Before you update the DSi's firmware to 1.4.1, make sure the Acekard is displayed in the DSi's menu as Alex Rider - Stormrider .

source plus setup instructions

So now I have a question, my DSi is still on 1.3 and Danny Phantom'ed, can I use the DSi to apply the Stormrider update?

[Image: EgGYGSX.png]
TwitterMyAnimeList lastFMBlogdeviantART

Spoiler for Old Rainbow Sounds sig^^:
[Image: 6yWvk.png]
14/03/2011 10:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ringwurm1984
Neophitic Presence

Threads: 0
E-Pigs: 1.2609
yeah i believe so in the source it says "In order for the Acekard 2i to work on a DSi or DSi XL with FirmWare version 1.4/ 1.4.1, you need to update the Acekard's internal firmware. This can only be done using a DS Phat/ DS Lite or a DSi with FirmWare version =< 1.3. All new DSi's or DSi XL's will come with FW1.4 preinstalled" i remember the first update where you had to use a ds lite for it to work on a dsi and that was the last time i did it. so i can't tell you yes from experience. but i guess you really don't need to unless you plan on updating or putting it in a ds with firmware 1.4.1

[Image: sig2.jpg]
14/03/2011 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Got the cart - pretty straightforward and easy to use IMO.

Got it for $24 (incl shipping) from this person: http://www.quicksales.com.au/buy/auction...d=11853424 for anyone in Australia wanting one.
Other places with free shipping:
http://0shippingzone.com/acekard-acekard-p-319.html
http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.Acekar...NDSi-21154

Anyway, thanks for advice everyone.
28/03/2011 01:14 AM