Silly Home Internet
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Silly Home Internet
Home internet connection decided to randomly die at around 8am a few days back.  Have no idea, but it appears that I'm simply getting no ADSL signal.
And ISP's phone support is great - I've called them about 8 times, at various points in the day, before finally getting through.  It was giving me a "the area you are calling is temporarily congested" blah blah bullchocolate - seems odd, since I called at like 5pm, 7pm, 9pm, 11pm, 9am, 11am, 1pm before finally getting through at 3pm.
Anyway, a fault is logged, but IDK how long it'll take to fix (hoping it'll be fixed before the weekend).

And I get an email from Exetel (my ISP) about them changing their plans, increasing the price of them by $10/mo because they apparently aren't being profitable or some other nonsense.  Change to be affected on 1st of Feb this year.  I'm on contract, but that ends on the 5th of Feb, so IDK how long I get to stay on the current plan (but it's no more than a month over non-contract people).
So now I may have to go around looking for a new ISP...  Too bad my current plan is somewhat overkill, but other plans from other ISPs suck too much in comparison.
06/01/2011 09:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
RE: Silly Home Internet
Okay, they finally fixed up this connection.
Now to move through my backlog of tasks...
08/01/2011 03:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply