• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Android vs iOS vs Symbian vs Windows Mobile vs Whatever
Barcelona
Too Young To Care

Threads: 88
E-Pigs: 60.4042
RE: Android vs iOS vs Symbian vs Windows Mobile vs Whatever
(05/12/2010 04:19 PM)S7* Wrote:  
(05/12/2010 02:52 PM)Barcelona Wrote:  idk about ios, it took them 4 tries to get wallpapers right...

You're saying the iOS 4 wallpaper is good? Puke

[Image: Apple-iPhone-4-wallpaper.jpg]

PukePukePukePukePukePukePuke

at least wallpapers are a possibility on ios4 Hiding_something and i didnt realise it was so horrible, i don't use apple, ive used a jailbroken one before though, it was decent... until i turned it on

[Image: A73TX.png]
Quotes That Made Me Lol
Joomla12 Wrote:Who are you?
(02/08/2011 08:26 AM)eKusoshisut0 Wrote:  ┻┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻┻
Previous Signatures
First Signature Wrote:Rep me up or I'll GENTLY CARESS you in the booty!
Second Signature Wrote:Studies have shown that for everyone person that doesn't rep me up, an angel gets a hernea.
Third Signature Wrote:Dead Trademark91 killed me.
Fourth Signature Wrote:Windows Proud
Fifth Signature Wrote:I'm waiting for someone to chime in with an arrow. Any tamed wolves you can be traced back to my forum signature.
Sixth Signature Wrote:[Image: 7hjyW.png]
05/12/2010 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Silvertie
Older, less cringe, still mad.
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 32
E-Pigs: 32.7022
The iPhoneOS will retain a significant portion of market share based on the fact that it's the only operating system which can come with an iPhone or iPod. And wee all know how much hipsters love apple products.

"Books! I've read several on the subject!"
[Image: khadorsigfinal.jpg]
Silvertie: The Blog | A Door In Nowhere: The Webcomic
05/12/2010 05:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barcelona
Too Young To Care

(05/12/2010 05:25 PM)Silvertie Wrote:  The iPhoneOS will retain a significant portion of market share based on the fact that it's the only operating system which can come with an iPhone or iPod. And wee all know how much hipsters love apple products.

its all because of class, you don't have an mp3 player unless its apple, or you don't have a smartphone unless its an iphone. when people refuse to try android, nokia, zune, sony etc. i even met several people who dislike the playstation move because the wii had "similar" controllers (when the only similar thing is the way you use it {as in pointing at the tv}) ANYWAY! i don't care for ios

Quotes That Made Me Lol
Previous Signatures
Second Signature Wrote:Studies have shown that for everyone person that doesn't rep me up, an angel gets a hernea.
Fifth Signature Wrote:I'm waiting for someone to chime in with an arrow. Any tamed wolves you can be traced back to my forum signature.
05/12/2010 05:33 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
I think the majority of non-technical users want iDevices because it's what everyone else uses, it seems cool and easy to use, and thus, it must be a "safe" option.  If you don't want to mess around with stuff you don't understand, it makes sense to pay more for the safe option.

My thinking, however, is that there'll probably be a "winner" sooner or later, that will dominate the market.  This is driven by issues of compatibility as well as past behaviors of this sort.  When people buy a (non-Mac) computer from a typical computer shop, it has an x86 processor, installed with Windows on it.  Computer is practically synonymous to the "Wintel" platform these days, and I think the mobile platform will move in a similar direction.  If it turns out to be Android platform, then the iPhone will just become what Macs are today - loved by some, but only a minority market share.
Alternatively, if there happens to be a compatibility bridge between these two dominant platforms, they could possibly co-exist, but considering Apple's stance on trying to lock in stuff exclusively for their products, I'm doubting this will happen.
(This post was last modified: 05/12/2010 06:12 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
05/12/2010 06:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
krystabegnalie
~~~~I can cut trees!~~~

Threads: 218
E-Pigs: 79.3639
I'm still new to a phone with an Android based OS (currently owned a Galaxy 5 phone), and i say that the way you have control in your OS is better in this OS rather than in iOS (haven't tried in Windows mobile). I've used to have phones with symbian os (nokia phone mostly) but with experience with android, you have a full freedom to do what you want (well not almost) from the homescreen, to its programs, to customizing every aspect in the OS

and yeah Android still growing now a days, and still beating iOS

Spoiler for don't look, might destruct your mind:
[Image: funny_math.jpg]
Spoiler for anime planet:
[Image: krystabegnalie.jpg]
06/12/2010 12:28 AM
PLZDELETE
Consume In Small Portions

Threads: 249
E-Pigs: 52.4930
i see it much like the PC OS market, there's no (real) OS that rules them all, i think windows has the leading share, but it's not really a monopoly, linux and OSx both have reasonably high market shares.

in a way it's sort of like the PC market, except i would expect the order goes: ios » android (linux) » windows mobile, i have no idea where symbian would be, but really don't care, or the generic dumb phone os's, I'm just looking at the main 3
06/12/2010 07:08 AM
Barcelona
Too Young To Care

(06/12/2010 07:08 AM)PLZDELETE Wrote:  i see it much like the PC OS market, there's no (real) OS that rules them all, i think windows has the leading share, but it's not really a monopoly, linux and OSx both have reasonably high market shares.

in a way it's sort of like the PC market, except i would expect the order goes: ios » android (linux) » windows mobile, i have no idea where symbian would be, but really don't care, or the generic dumb phone os's, I'm just looking at the main 3

And people do nothing but whine about iphones, constantly complaining that it gets no service, or because there arent enough apps, or because its not open, when the solution is a different phone (i think android is the only open one out of those three) because windows mobile and android could destroy ios, but as long as people continue to worship apple, noone will open their eyes

Quotes That Made Me Lol
Previous Signatures
(This post was last modified: 06/12/2010 08:06 AM by Barcelona.)
06/12/2010 08:05 AM
PLZDELETE
Consume In Small Portions

Threads: 249
E-Pigs: 52.4930
(06/12/2010 08:05 AM)Barcelona Wrote:  1) it gets no service
2) there arent enough apps
3) its not open
1) Is in no way apples fault(unless you're talking about antenagaty thing), i could complain my phone is shit because i can't phone people in norfolk, it's not the phone it's the provider
2) HAHA, really? i could most likely find an app for every need i have if i had an iphone
3) 90% of people who complain about this wouldn't know what to do it if it was, it's closed because most iphone users i know would break something if it wasn't.

I'm not agreeing with what apple does to their phones OS, but a lot of users i know just want the phone to work, they don't care if it's "open", if the user wanted an open phone they will have either jailbroken it or bought an android.#

i could hardly see my mum as the person who would start theming her iphone.....seen as she doesn't know how to sync music to it most of the time XD
(This post was last modified: 06/12/2010 08:50 AM by PLZDELETE.)
06/12/2010 08:49 AM
alienkid
Able One

Threads: 3
E-Pigs: 2.9894
Android, because iit's across so many phones and carriers.
06/12/2010 09:51 AM
trademark91
Unique?
Fractal Insanity

Threads: 269
E-Pigs: 105.8691
(05/12/2010 05:33 PM)Barcelona Wrote:  
(05/12/2010 05:25 PM)Silvertie Wrote:  The iPhoneOS will retain a significant portion of market share based on the fact that it's the only operating system which can come with an iPhone or iPod. And wee all know how much hipsters love apple products.

its all because of class, you don't have an mp3 player unless its apple, or you don't have a smartphone unless its an iphone. when people refuse to try android, nokia, zune, sony etc. i even met several people who dislike the playstation move because the wii had "similar" controllers (when the only similar thing is the way you use it {as in pointing at the tv}) ANYWAY! i don't care for ios

um for the record, ipods rape the spoon out of zune any day. its not necessesarily because of "class" either. apple may be very restrictive in their operating systems, but they do make quality products. if they started releasing terrible stuff, people wouldnt buy it. apple specializes in making sleek, well built products. every apple product I've ever owned did its job perfectly, and for the job, i would want no other device. in fact the only issue i have with apple is that they like to lock things up software wise, but that's what jailbreaking is for.

while i think that android is a far better OS than iOS, i do think that simply hating something because it is made by apple is ridiculous. following that rationale, you are no better than the "hipsters" who you say love only apple products.

[Image: 531115][Image: 76561198014212040.png]
windows Proud
06/12/2010 10:31 AM