New PSARDumper with support for PSP Go update 06/07/10
psp go psardumper UPDATED
Vegetano1
$urf

Threads: 397
E-Pigs: 2756.6280
RE: New PSARDumper with support for PSP Go update 06/07/10
(09/06/2010 12:22 PM)ProperBritish Wrote:  no the terms of use state that the software may not be reverse-engineered or modified in any way.

seeing as wee do that, they have the full right to prevent us from using the software or trying to get us to put it back to normal. every time you update your PSP it says it. Even when wee update to CFW now the user agreement pops up because it uses the Sony updater xD

are you a sony-ninja>?

so why do they add protection,.>? if they already got terms>?

anyway if a byte is changed in a file its not there's anymore,.. so the terms are no good,.

if i want to put a cf on my PSP sony got nothing to say about that! i bought the PSP,. whot i do with it is my concern,.. (so this could be my own optioning,. but that's how i feel about this)

Make loads of $$!! it wurks!!
[Image: csbanner_anim_03.gif]
Signed Homebrew by bsanehi & OMightyBuggy
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthr...?tid=25707
Spoiler for My miniBlog:
09/06/2010 12:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ProperBritish
Daddy Proper
Team DreamArts

Threads: 192
E-Pigs: 147.7035
(09/06/2010 12:28 PM)Vegetano1 Wrote:  
(09/06/2010 12:22 PM)ProperBritish Wrote:  no the terms of use state that the software may not be reverse-engineered or modified in any way.

seeing as wee do that, they have the full right to prevent us from using the software or trying to get us to put it back to normal. every time you update your PSP it says it. Even when wee update to CFW now the user agreement pops up because it uses the Sony updater xD

are you a sony-ninja>?

so why do they add protection,.>? if they already got terms>?

anyway if a byte is changed in a file its not there's anymore,.. so the terms are no good,.

if i want to put a cf on my PSP sony got nothing to say about that! i bought the PSP,. whot i do with it is my concern,.. (so this could be my own optioning,. but that's how i feel about this)

they add protection because they know people will do what wee do anyway, true of any software. it gets cracked, people try to crack it and bend it to their will. As it is Sony's software you are editing (protected by copyright law), it does not become yours when you do. It's like painting a picture, then having someone else tweak it a bit then claiming it as their own.
or owning an unmown field and then some person mowing one square and saying its theirs because they mowed it.

you do own the PSP, but the software remains the property of Sony. all you have is the right to use it, which is what the User Agreement is. The User Agreement entitles you to Use the software, not to own it.

^_^

so sure, wee can modify it. but sony has every right in the world to reverse everything you've done and to stop us from doing it again.

[Image: rsz_contrast.png]

Spoiler for More sigs:
[Image: 6xu74t8]
[Image: sig.php]

[Image: 656embk]
[Image: sig.png]
09/06/2010 01:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
I'm not sure custom firmware would fall under reverse engineering as it's the developers which actually do that, not you.  Also, laws on reverse engineering seem to vary a bit around the world.
It might fall under modification, though even there, it's a bit legally iffy.

Back on topic, at least PSAR Dumper is still getting worked on :)
10/06/2010 01:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply