[PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
(17/04/2015 09:36 AM)sandungas Wrote:  What im going to say is speculative, but i think sony prepared some rare formats that later was not used, it seems there is a "BD music" and "BD photo"... and well...
BD-Audio is a standard format, I don't know about photos, though they can easily be emulated with the Bluray menu system.

(17/04/2015 09:36 AM)sandungas Wrote:  because they could easilly implement support in ps3 to continue with what they was doing in psp using umd's with rco's
I always thought there are some undocumented disc formats for PS3 this is why i speculated if BD discs with rco's are suported in PS3
BD menus are completely different to how UMDs work (Java based system), so no, you won't find any RCOs there.
The design decisions for UMDs and BDs are completely different, so one shouldn't expect many similarities (beyond playing videos).  For one, BDs are completely incompatible with what the PSP can do, ignoring the different physical format.

PS3 games may be a different thing, though until someone has seen it, I'd say it's unlikely too.

(17/04/2015 09:36 AM)sandungas Wrote:  I just imagined it could be usefull to have a list of the rco versions and i wrote this to take notes http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Talk:Resour...O_versions
Thanks for putting up that list.
I'm not sure how useful it will be though.  I've never seen the value have much effect.

(17/04/2015 09:36 AM)sandungas Wrote:  The list of versions for PSP is complete ?... can be interesting to compare the rco versions of the last psp firmware... with the rco versions of the ps3 firmare published at this date
I don't have a dump of FW6.61 handy so I can't check easily, but I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't changed.
19/04/2015 04:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool - ZiNgA BuRgA - 19/04/2015 04:21 AM