[PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
sandungas
Paradigmatic Apprentice

Threads: 1
E-Pigs: 2.3632
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
The small incompatibility problem about gimconv.exe i mentioned before is related with the changes that was made in gimconv.cfg for rcomage
I made a detailed comparison of the config file provided with rcomage and the config file that comes inside the "PS3 Custom Theme Toolbox" sony released --» http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/se...uidelines/

I made a list with all the differences here, please take a look --» http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Talk:GimConv
Are separated in 3 groups, for things that was "changed", "added" or "removed"

CHANGED
The most important problem are the settings limit_image_width and limit_image_height that was reduced to 512 pixels for rcomage... but originally was 4096 pixels
Inside PS3 RCO's there are images bigger than 512 (like this one with 30x900 pixels http://imgur.com/2rjGdbe ), and when trying to extract them with rcomage (with the additionally .png conversion)... the resulting extracted images are reduced to 512... and consequently is not posible to use them to rebuild the .RCO
I understand inside PSP there are not images bigger than 512 pixels, but is this restriction really needed ?... because is breaking PS3 compatibility, if there is not any problem could you restore the original value of 4096 pixels ?

About the other changed settings:
pixel_order changed from "normal" to "faster"... PSP uses the mode "faster" ?.... i ask because PS3 uses "normal" by default
output_sequence changed from "on" to "off"... i been testing both settings "on" and "off", and i could not see this has any effect, is really important ?... because incase of doubt i would prefer to have the default setting, just for simplicity in the list of changes

REMOVED
The first group of "PS3 OSD default settings" are overriding default settings at top of the .cfg file... and seems are specific for PS3, but not sure if they breaks some compatibility for PSP, so not sure if suggesting in restoring them
The others (options) removed i know are a bit useless, probably this is why was removed (and probably was removed at the same time when the "help" screen was modifyed), but i think is good if you restore them because doesn't makes any bad

ADDED
The -ps3 option is taken by both... rcomage.exe and gimconv.exe as a setting, right ?
I mean... in gimconv.exe im sure is used when passed from rcomage as --gimconv-flags -ps3... but when using it this way rcomages does something special with the rco ? (like selecting the endianess of the rco header based on the presence of -ps3 option ?)

I ask this because i think it could be good to add 2 new options for PS3 (are the 2 more used .gim formats, strictly specifyed overriding default settings)

Code:
option -ps3bpp32 {
	format_style = psp
	format_endian = big
	image_format = rgba8888
	pixel_order = normal
	pixel_channel = default
	pixel_alpha = default
}
option -ps3dxt5 {
	format_style = psp
	format_endian = big
	image_format = dxt5
	pixel_channel = default
	pixel_alpha = default
}

By using this new option names.... rcomage is not given the -ps3... this is not a problem for rebuilding the rco structure ?

------
In resume, what im asking is to fix this small problem with the 512 pixels image size limits, and to make a review of the modifications made to cimconv.cfg trying to minimize the number of modifications that was made to it
Thanks for your patient

(This post was last modified: 04/04/2015 03:08 PM by sandungas.)
04/04/2015 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool - sandungas - 04/04/2015 01:37 PM