[PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
sandungas
Paradigmatic Apprentice

Threads: 1
E-Pigs: 2.3632
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
In relationship with languages... it seems there is a small bug in one of the help screens when displaying the language ID's
The program crashes when doing a rcomage.exe help extract
Spoiler:
C:\Portables\rcomage-v1.1.2\Rcomage>rcomage.exe help extract
Rcomage v1.1.2, written by ZiNgA BuRgA
A general purpose RCO creation and manipulation command-line tool.

Syntax: rcomage.exe extract <rcofile> <resource> [<output>] [options]
  Extracts a single resource (image/sound/model/VSMX/text) with label <resource> and saves it to <output>.  If <output> is not specified, will default to using the label as the filename, with no extension. <output> can be '-' meaning stdout.
   * You should supply the '--lang' option when extracting text resources.
   * You should supply the '--channel' option when extracting sound resources.

Options:
  The following options only apply for extracting text resources.
    --lang <lang>     Language of text to extract. [English]
                      You can use a language ID or one of the following:
    APP CRASHES HERE
Not sure if is actually related with the function that reads the miscmap.ini but it happens with your miscmap.ini and other i modifyed

For the new language codes wee use to mantain a table in wiki that includes all latets sony consoles because they uses the same language codes in all them http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Languages

This is what i have in my miscmap.ini

Code:
[languages]
00_Japanese      ; jp
01_EnglishUS     ; en
02_French        ; fr
03_SpanishES     ; es
04_German        ; de
05_Italian       ; it
06_Dutch         ; nl
07_PortuguesePT  ; pt
08_Russian       ; ru
09_Korean        ; ko
10_ChineseT      ; zh_t
11_ChineseS      ; zh_s 
12_Finnish       ; fi
13_Swedish       ; sv
14_Danish        ; da
15_Norwegian     ; no
16_Polish        ; pl
17_PortugueseBR  ; pt_br
18_EnglishGB     ; en_gb
19_Turkish       ; tr
20_SpanishLA     ; es_la

The new ones in PS3 are:
17 Portuguese (Brazil)
18 English (United Kingdom)
19 Turkish

But you can also add
20 Spanish (Latin America)
They have only used lang 20 in PS4 and maybe it will never be included in PS3 but never minds, the point is wee know they follows this order and 20 is the next one in case they decides to add it to PS3 in the future

Some of the new languages are variations of previous ones so is needed to change the names you was using in previous rcomage versions
As an example... the new "EnglishGB" needs the old "English" to be renamed to "EnglishUS"... the same hapens with Portuguese (portugal VS brazil) and Spanish (spain VS latin america) if you decide to add lang 20

Another detail... the old name you was using for "Portugese" had a typo (is Portuguese)

Also... note the names im using in my miscmap.ini following the rule:
<lang_number_code>_<lang_name> ; <lang_letter_code>
This is more like a suggestion if you want to use this naming convention in your next release... do you think changing the names to this format will cause much problems to other tools that uses rcomage as a dependency ?
Because i think is a good idea to make the names start with the language number code, this way when the .xml files are extracted them will be ordered chronologically (from older to newer with 2 digits in decimal, starting from 00 for japan)... also, many people remember some of the number codes from memory so is easyer to locate an specific .xml file if you are looking at the folder with all the extracted .xml's

Edit:
About the language letter codes... in my miscmap.ini example i have not modifyed the previous ones (en, pt, and es) that now has a variant
The new ones should be something like en_gb, pt_br, and es_la (so not sure if is a good idea to rename the old ones to en_us, pt_pt, and es_es to difference them)
There is some place where wee can see the exact letter codes the firmware is using internally ?
I mean... maybe the letters appears embedded inside the .rco structure ?... or do you know other parts of the psp firmware where languages appears specifyed by his letter code ?
The only place i know in the PS3 where appears the languages by his letter code is a document.txt that comes with the official release of the "static ps3 theme compiler" (the same toolkit that contains gimconv.exe)
If i remember correctly, another place where appears is in the web browser... but this ones should not be considered the same letter codes... are specific for the browser

(This post was last modified: 18/03/2015 01:47 AM by sandungas.)
17/03/2015 10:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool - sandungas - 17/03/2015 10:43 PM