[PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
sandungas
Paradigmatic Apprentice

Threads: 1
E-Pigs: 2.3632
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
(13/03/2015 07:07 PM)SonyBlack Wrote:  guys.. i know this is a old stuff but i need help.. im customizing my xmb and im really done look here http://imgur.com/a/c5Je4#0 its rebug fw.. so but i can't figure out 1 thing.. i want to edit the tex_psn.gim of the xmb_ingame.rco.. everytime i edit the png file and convert back to gim and then repack to rco i get all time blank psn icon on ingame.. anyone of you proz now a solution? please.. im busy with this long time.. can't figure it out.. :( sorry for my english.. its not my main language..
I guess you are used to gimconv.exe command line usage (if not, you need to practise a bit and test a lot) because is needed to make this .gim conversion individually before rebuilding the .rco
I had no time to look at the contents of this .rco from ps3 firmware 4.70 yet... but i think you are right, this icon has a "rare" gim format (compatible with ps3, but not the standard gim format that most of the other images uses)

I think is a -dxt5 variant as far ive heard (and maybe alpha with a value of 255)... but i can't tell by myself, i didnt took a look at it yet, if im suggesting this gim setings is because it looks there are other .gim's inside ps3 rco's that uses them

The identification of .gim formats consists basically in comparisons of the original .gim VS the rebuild .gim tests (in a hexeditor first, and then a hash comparison)
So it can help if you provide a download link with the original .gim because this makes things easyer for others to take a look (specially for zinga burga that can help you much better than me, and maybe he finds the correct gim setings at the first try)

Edit:
Not sure if i was explicit enought...
The tex_psn.gim inside explore_plugin_full.rco uses this gim settings (im 100% sure are correct):
--format_style psp
--format_endian big
--pixel_order normal

These are the settings i consider "standard" for ps3 gims (because most of them was build this way)

But... the tex_psn.gim inside xmb_ingame.rco (same image, same name, but inside another .rco) uses another gim settings:
--format_style psp
--format_endian big
--unknown...
--unknown...
--unknown...

Is weird, because is the same image with the same name, the only difference is located inside another .rco (and this seems to be exactly the cause why are different... because in the PS3 at runtime... the responsible of displaying "xmb ingame" is not the same than the responsible of displaying "main xmb"... technically the responsible should be vsh.self for both, but are considered 2 different XMB modes internally)
Why the ps3 uses this mess of .gim formats is still unknown and a bit speculative... but is also related with the creation date of the .gim (inside 4.70 firmware released in 2015 there are .gim's that was created in 2006... it can be seen in a timestamp at the footer of some .gim's that was created with the setting update_fileinfo = on)
Also is posible they decided to change gim setings for some specific images along all this years, also because the newelly added images in new firmwares maybe was created with new gim settings)

Edit2:
If i remember correctly... another difference is the tex_psn.gim inside xmb_ingame.rco is smaller resolution (widthxheigth in pixels)
(This post was last modified: 13/03/2015 09:04 PM by sandungas.)
13/03/2015 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool - sandungas - 13/03/2015 08:19 PM