[PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
sandungas
Paradigmatic Apprentice

Threads: 1
E-Pigs: 2.3632
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
Thanks to you for your help and your tools that are epic and gave lot of people lot of hours of fun and even made some people addicted to console underground scene like me :)
Im not native english, basically i would like to see an example of how to use the --gimconv-flags option, not sure if i was able to explain my problem but i will use another example more simple
Im using .bat files, all my .bat are in the same folder than rcomagegui, there is also a test.rco and a "test" folder at his side

First i make a dump, all is extracted in the "test" folder, and the images are passed to gimconv to make the gim--»png conversion

Code:
echo off
md ".\test"
Rcomage\rcomage.exe dump ".\test.rco" ".\test\test.xml" --resdir ".\test" --gimconv-cmd ".\GimConv\GimConv.exe" --conv-gim png
pause

This extraction works fine, then i open the rcoxml file (main rco descriptor) to remove most of the contents (because this is just a test is faster this way, only has 1 image)

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!-- This XML representation of an RCO structure was generated by Rcomage v1.1.1 -->
<RcoFile UMDFlag="0" rcomageXmlVer="1.1" type="ps3" minFirmwareVer="unknownId0x130">
	<MainTree name="explore_plugin">
		<ImageTree>
			<Image name="item_tex_plain_folder" src=".\test\item_tex_plain_folder.png" format="gim" compression="zlib" unknownByte="0" />
		</ImageTree>
		<TextTree>
			<TextLang src=".\test\English.xml" language="English" format="utf16" />
		</TextTree>
		<ObjectTree>
			<Page name="expage_explore_bg" unknownInt0="0x1110000" onInit="nothing" onCancel="nothing" onContextMenu="nothing" onActivate="nothing"></Page>
		</ObjectTree>
	</MainTree>
</RcoFile>

And then the rebuilding is where im having problems
If i use this command it gives me an error, the png--»gim conversion fails (as expected because is not able to locate gimconv.exe)
The point of this test is to verify if the resource paths from the rcoxml are detected fine (otherway it would split errors about not able to locate the files... there are not path errors so i guess the paths in the rcoxml are fine)

Code:
echo off
Rcomage\rcomage.exe compile ".\test\test.xml" ".\test_rebuilt.rco"
pause

Spoiler for and this is the error:

Code:
C:\Portables\rcomage-v1.1.1>echo off
Rcomage v1.1.1, written by ZiNgA BuRgA
A general purpose RCO creation and manipulation command-line tool.

Converting 'item_tex_plain_folder' to GIM...
Warning: Failed to convert resource 'item_tex_plain_folder' to GIM.
Warning: Failed to compress resource 'item_tex_plain_folder'.
Warning: [resource] Can't write image resource 'item_tex_plain_folder'!
Presione una tecla para continuar . . .

In this example to make the png--»gim conversion i specify the location of gimconv, and i also specify the gimconv flags (without any flag)
The only purpose is to see if the tool splits an error related with gimconv.exe (it doesn't, so i guess the way im using --gimconv-cmd is fine)

Code:
echo off
Rcomage\rcomage.exe compile ".\test\test.xml" ".\test_rebuilt.rco" --gimconv-cmd ".\gimconv\gimconv.exe" --gimconv-flags
pause

Code:

Error: Invalid syntax for option '--gimconv-flags'.

In the next example i specify --gimconv-flags... with only one flag (ps3) to simplyfy things
There is no error, it seems like the tool stopped working, and im not sure if is because the name im using for the flags, i mean... i have no idea if this ps3 needs to be specifyed as ps3, -ps3, --ps3, "ps3", "-ps3", "--ps3", etc... there are too much variations

Code:
echo off
Rcomage\rcomage.exe compile ".\test\test.xml" ".\test_rebuilt.rco" --gimconv-cmd ".\gimconv\gimconv.exe" --gimconv-flags ps3
pause

Code:

Converting 'item_tex_plain_folder' to GIM...

In the example before i just used the flag ps3 but my problem is bigger because i need to use several gim settings, and in the format that appears in the gimconv.cfg (because i think is the most flexible way to specify gim settings, and some options doesn't have a "label" like ps3 has), more specifically the settings i need to use are this 3 ones that seems to be the "standard" for around 80% of the gim's inside ps3 rco's
--format_style psp
--format_endian big
--pixel_order normal

So how i add all these gim settings ? If i try something like this the error is the same than in the example before

Code:
echo off
Rcomage\rcomage.exe compile ".\test\test.xml" ".\test_rebuilt.rco" --gimconv-cmd ".\gimconv\gimconv.exe" --gimconv-flags "--format_style psp --format_endian big --pixel_order normal"
pause

I think i just need to see an example of how to use this gimconv-flag from command line, this can help a lot but maybe im commiting some mistake in the way im trying to rebuild it ?

By the way, i know this method to rebuild an rco with a massive png--»gim image conversion (where the gim settings affects all images) is not accurate enought and in most cases will result in a broken rco. I don't know for PSP... but for PS3 is not accurate enought to use it as the "standard rebuild method" because inside PS3 rco's there are gim's that was created with different setings (as you and mugi was discussing here, and i could verify too http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthr...pid350611)
But i would like to make it work this way because im documenting the usage of rcomage and gimconv (and other stuff related) in a ps3 wiki and i need a working example of how to pass gim settings from rcomage---to--»gimconv

(This post was last modified: 09/03/2015 09:23 PM by sandungas.)
09/03/2015 08:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool - sandungas - 09/03/2015 08:12 PM