[PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
mugi
Paradigmatic Entity

Threads: 12
E-Pigs: 15.2671
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
Quote:Maybe your hex editor is trying to interpret it as ASCII?
I know, for example, UltraEdit does try to revert to a textual input if you give it a text file.
could be, but as I mentioned, i saved the file, then reopened it and looked that it didn't change the symbol to anything, so my flawed logic tells me it should be identical to the original working one.
Well it's not really a big deal either way so don't waste your time on it.

Quote:PRXs are compiled code, so it's not going to be easily manipulated like RCOs.
I don't have a PS3 so I haven't looked in those files, no, and probably won't due to aforementioned reason.
Good luck on finding the icons though.  You can try searching for references to "GIM" in the PRX files if you believe they're in there.

i tried looking for GIM headers from few but failed to find anything so far. Ps3 XMB is far more complex than it gives away, and unfortunately, it's very much different from psp's layout.

the ps3 prx's are elf files so i suppose they can be disassembled somehow, though that's hardly my area of expertise.
I was sort of hoping you'd know about it seeing you have burned some time doing things regarding psp's XMB modding, but can't have it all I guess :P

you don't happen to know who mapped the editable attributes for psp prx files ? i know there's editors that allow an rco+prx to be loaded and then modified so maybe the people behind that would be able to help me with mapping them for ps3.

In he meantime I'll burn my time doing some testing with the unknown params of RCOmage and hunting down the remaining icons and modules...

thanks for all the help so far by the way, I've managed to do some neat stuff with rcomage so far :) the app is awesome.
(This post was last modified: 23/02/2011 05:10 PM by mugi.)
23/02/2011 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool - mugi - 23/02/2011 05:09 PM