Thread Closed 
[Guide] How to trade pokemon with yourself using VBA
Duplic8 your pokemanz! Evolve ur kadabraz!
Methos
Neophitic Presence

Threads: 0
E-Pigs: 0.5000
RE: [Guide] How to trade pokemon with yourself using VBA
Hello everybody. I just found this thread and I have to say that it IS possible to trade pokemon even if you are playing Blue, Red or Yellow. At this point, I have to admit that up to now I only tried trading Red«>Red (to get alakazam, golem etc.), but I am pretty sure that it will work Blue«>Red etc., too. But no promise!

First of all, make sure your char already carries the pokemon you want to trade (as I tried to withdraw pokemon while running two instances of VBALink, my game crashed or the link was not established). Then save your game and make a backup copy (safety first ^^).

For the next steps, you'll need VBALink 1.72. I tried it with 1.8 but it didn't work at all.

Start two instances of VBALink and put on the usual configurations (uncheck "pause when inactive window and so on). Talking about controls, I use the same joypad on both instances.

Load the game-ROM and your savegame. Talk to a cable-club-lady to establish a link. Then got to the trade center and trade your pokemon. When finished, close the screen showing a list of your pokemon so you can see your char sitting in the trade centre.

Open the in-game start-menue and choose "reset". After the game finished loading, choose "continue".

Now you should be standing in the pokemon center next to the cable-club-lady and you should have the pokemon you just traded.

ps: sorry for poor grammar or expression, it had been a while since the last time I wrote an english text, but i tried to do my best.
30/09/2007 12:05 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Guide] How to trade pokemon with yourself using VBA - Methos - 30/09/2007 12:05 PM
Thread Revived!!! - Necro-Bot - 11/12/2008, 03:56 AM
Thread Revived!!! - Necro-Bot - 11/03/2009, 01:44 PM
Thread Revived!!! - Necro-Bot - 29/05/2009, 06:49 AM
Thread Revived!!! - Necro-Bot - 05/09/2009, 06:49 PM
Thread Revived!!! - Necro-Bot - 03/12/2009, 05:40 PM