[C Help] Jumping from PSP to PC
S7*
Sweet Dreams

Threads: 1,056
E-Pigs: 383.2289
RE: [C Help] Jumping from PSP to PC
Assassinator Wrote:compile them separately

Facepalm

I've compiled libraries before, many libraries not just when I used Linux but for the PSP under Cygwin.

I just want to know how to compile libraries FOR Windows... because I've only ever used "./configure" and "./configure --target-os=mingw32" or similar but barely any libraries use the TARGET-OS flag....... hence my question.
17/09/2009 04:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Senseito URΩBΩROS Wrote:I see what you're saying

but I as asking about Libraries that HAVEN'T been precompiled.
"lib" typically refers to a precompiled library. :P

Uncompiled, it depends on what you want to do.  Can be done separately, can be done at the same time, doesn't really matter...
17/09/2009 05:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Senseito URΩBΩROS Wrote:I've compiled libraries before, many libraries not just when I used Linux but for the PSP under Cygwin.

I just want to know how to compile libraries FOR Windows... because I've only ever used "./configure" and "./configure --target-os=mingw32" or similar but barely any libraries use the TARGET-OS flag....... hence my question.
I haven't really built libraries for Windows since it's easier to use precompiled, so I can't really say for sure, but:
Many of these libraries are probably built for Unix as opposed to Windows.  So you're probably going to have to modify stuff to get them to work.  I suggest downloading Windows ports (check the gnu win32 page).
There are tools like nmake etc, but configure is not going to work in a Windows environment, and cygwin, would depend on how well it works.  If it includes a MSVC .sln file, you could use that (but I doubt they have that).
17/09/2009 05:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
S7*
Sweet Dreams

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Senseito URΩBΩROS Wrote:I see what you're saying

but I as asking about Libraries that HAVEN'T been precompiled.
"lib" typically refers to a precompiled library. :P

Uncompiled, it depends on what you want to do.  Can be done separately, can be done at the same time, doesn't really matter...

ok so let say I had the libpng sources........ not the precompiled - how would I compile it seperately?
17/09/2009 05:46 AM
S7*
Sweet Dreams

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Senseito URΩBΩROS Wrote:I've compiled libraries before, many libraries not just when I used Linux but for the PSP under Cygwin.

I haven't really built libraries for Windows since it's easier to use precompiled, so I can't really say for sure, but:
Many of these libraries are probably built for Unix as opposed to Windows.  So you're probably going to have to modify stuff to get them to work.  I suggest downloading Windows ports (check the gnu win32 page).
There are tools like nmake etc, but configure is not going to work in a Windows environment, and cygwin, would depend on how well it works.  If it includes a MSVC .sln file, you could use that (but I doubt they have that).

that's what I wanted to know.

Thanks Zinga!
17/09/2009 05:56 AM