Microsoft to compete with PSP and DS?
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
RE: Microsoft to compete with PSP and DS?
On that subject, I find FPSes boring multiplayer too (or at least I did with CS).  Go around shooting whoever you see (that's not on your team), get shot perhaps, round restarts, and repeat.  I prefer RTS games for multiplayer generally.
18/05/2009 05:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Azumi
浜崎あゆみ

Threads: 175
E-Pigs: 41.7781
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Azumi Wrote:all im going to say is that its not needed... DS has the market on handhelds.... PSP is just a hack machine... if microsucks wanted to do a handheld then why wait s long? why wait until the DS has sold millions and millions of units and say 'Hey i want a piece of that' (which is all they are doing)... PSP is nothing to compete with, its been given up on by developers because of hacking... plain and simple... why waste a bunch of money to make a really good game when 75% of people will just download it... i don't really need another 'pocket' nes, snes emulator, i have one now... i don't know like i said it just seems like mircosoft sees all the money the DS is making and trying to get in on it... and i doubt they will stand a chance unless it has alot of groundbreaking feautres.. if its just another portable system that has like 'Halo Portable' then i will pass without a second thought.. i don't need to buy a new psp for another sucky analog stick (which is what it sounds like it is) .. i hate those little analogs anyways
There's a general trend in society towards portable "all-in-one" devices.  As you said, it has never been MS's strength, however they do need to adapt to the market if they want to survive in a number of areas.

Your stats about the PSP are actually not very accurate.  In fact, most people who have a PSP don't know about hacking at all.  The main reason for PSP's, and in general, Sony's, lacklustre performance is primarily due to Nintendo's innovation in the field.

For me, well, see how it turns out.

lol yeah my psp stats are based on people i know so i guess that's inaccurate... and that's what's i mean, innovation... i, myself, don't need one unless its something innovative... im not really intrested in a microsoft protable to play gears or halo portable.. i can see wheres theres a market for it but it needs to be more then a game player..  that's just what i want anyways.. blah lol my point is it just seems like they are jumping on the bandwagon.. seems like MS does that alot.. ie. xbox coming out in the middle of ps2's lifespan and MS never having a console ever. the zune after mp3 players got popular.. and now a handheld that they are really popular... i guess your right that it is good decision in order to survive and grow in new areas... you could also say the same of sony and nintendo but that a whole different thing with them attempting to coop on a nintendo cd system.. blah

[Image: azumigiftcopy-1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 18/05/2009 05:46 PM by Azumi.)
18/05/2009 05:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Azumi Wrote:lol yeah my psp stats are based on people i know so i guess that's inaccurate... and what's i mean, innovation... i, myself, don't need one unless its something innovative... im not really intrested in a microsoft protable to play gears or halo portable.. i can see wheres theres a market for it but it needs to be more then a game player..  that's just what i want anyways.. blah lol my point is it just seems like they are jumping on the bandwagon.. seems like MS does that alot.. ie. xbox coming out in the middle of ps2's lifespan and MS never having a console ever. the zune after mp3 players got popular.. and now a handheld that they are really popular... i guess your right that it is good decision in order to survive and grow in new areas... you could also say the same of sony and nintendo but that a while different thing with them attempting to coop on a nintendo cd system.. blah
I agree with you in a number of places.  Yeah, they're "jumping the bandwagon" but then, it can be successful - I mean, look at Apple.  iPods came out long after MP3 players existed, and the iPhone came out long after mobile phones were popular...
And from Apple and Nintendo, it seems that innovation or "clever ideas" do sell >_>
18/05/2009 05:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sparker
Super Lame Productions

Threads: 549
E-Pigs: 187.8892
Assassinator Wrote:
Sparker Wrote:
Assassinator Wrote:
MrE Wrote:OMG I always wanted Halo on a handheld. :D

I don't see what's so good about Halo. All I remember about Halo 1 was fighting through these long chains of repetitve rooms which looks exactly the same and have pretty much exactly the same enemies too, and that was quite gay. (1/3 1/2 or more of the game was pretty much that).

Halo's pretty much just a shoot fest where you just sPa/\/\ your guns at near infinite enemies. Far inferior to lets say the Half-Life line of games. Ok, I'm not saying Halo is poo poo, it's not poo poo, I'm saying it's not at the level which deserves all it's hype and popularity.

Haven't played 2 or 3, so I don't know if and how much the later games improves over the 1st.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic.

Yeah that's exactly what halo's like, but I heard it's really all about the multiplayer.

Lol?

Halo multiplayer is retarded. Get sniper rifle, and you win. People move so slow in Halo that it would be a miracle if you can't hit something. Imagine playing UT2004, but everyone moves at 1/2 speed.

Yeah that's only what I heard, never actually play once in my life ever.

18/05/2009 05:53 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

19/05/2009 03:24 AM
SchmilK
Noob

Threads: 359
E-Pigs: 82.0266
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:On another note, Microsoft patents "magic wand" about a year after Nintendo launched the Wii.

There they go again..feeding off the wiimote and harry potter :(

limneosgreen Wrote:Take my advice, don't try to install custom themes ... it's possible to brick ur psp.. why just don't change wallpaper
19/05/2009 03:35 AM
feinicks
One day... we Fly...

Threads: 531
E-Pigs: 210817.3958
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:And from Apple and Nintendo, it seems that innovation or "clever ideas" do sell >_>

However, there is one point that will mar this and that is Microsoft Marketing. Curse and abus MS all you want, but the fact remains that they have some real SOBs behind the marketing and research desks. Xbox360 may not be as popular (liked) as the PS3, but its sales far cross that of the latter. Maybe in some places like S.E. Asia, especially Japan, no one buys XBox, but in most other parts of the world, the PS3 is just not worth its price. Similarly, while Wii is good (it is the best selling console after all) once MS tackles its with motion sensing for the Xbox, it has a fair chance of only making things better for them.

The point I'm making is that even if MS is a late entrant into the handhald sector (which I doubt is happening), they will have a lot of research behind the product. Why the NDS is selling, why the PSP is so easily hacked, what does each offer to the gamer, what the gamers really want.. etc... and they may pretty well nail it. Though again, I speculate.

Also, Nintendo is a better company at profiting of innovation that apple...

◄◄••• 天使たちの夢か? •••►►

[Image: ewualizer.gif]
My works!
19/05/2009 08:21 AM
Sparker
Super Lame Productions

Threads: 549
E-Pigs: 187.8892
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:And from Apple and Nintendo, it seems that innovation or "clever ideas" do sell >_>

Fuck them.

19/05/2009 08:34 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

feinicks Wrote:Also, Nintendo is a better company at profiting of innovation that apple...
Apple is more "marketing innovation".  Ie, the idea that the iPod isn't "just another MP3 player".
19/05/2009 08:08 PM