bmp tools V1
Nothingface420
Forum Ghost

Threads: 61
E-Pigs: 18.0348
RE: bmp tools V1
Vegetano1 Wrote:I noticed when closing the app it was still active in windows taskmanager.(vista)

Vegetano1 Wrote:i tried the new version,. tried to close and see if the app remained active,. maybe my vista is acting-up,. ;p

Yes it does remain open in the task manager, you have to kill the process to completely close it.

I'm on XP so it's not just a Vista problem

excellent work highboy, it works great

[Image: 8.png]
07/02/2009 06:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
The app closes for me fine (on Windows XP x64).

I've got a different issue however:
[Image: 9qww46.jpg]

Got themes disabled on this install, so can't test if using a custom theme fixes the issue.

EDIT: I think I got the close issue.  Click "Create Bmps" then click the X button in the top-right hand corner of this new window.  Everything gets hidden but the app is still running.
The problem would be because you're hiding the previous window when opening the "Create Bmps" window, but not showing it again when closing that window (unless you use the Close button).  Try moving the "show form" action to the Unload event of the 2nd form, then change the Close button just to unload the form.
Alternatively, try using Modal windows instead :P
Hope that helps.
(This post was last modified: 07/02/2009 06:59 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
07/02/2009 06:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
highboy
Storm Trooper

Threads: 21
E-Pigs: 32.1004
Vegetano1 Wrote:i tried the new version,. tried to close and see if the app remained active,. maybe my vista is acting-up,. ;p

no i don't think so,the app deletes that file "try.bmp" on closing but at that point there isn't anything using it so im not sure what's happening there.i thought i covered my donkey anyway for i made virtual bmps to display in the picture boxes and such.anyway it is still in use looks like so thanks for posting that i will pin point.like after i read your last post i went and tried to make it stay in my processes but to no advail.i did however work on the vshmain editor and have full alpha support as i type.i also made it so you can do all color on front and back wave separately maybe you can test for me ?

@ vinrose67
Thanks for the kind words you are always very nice,gives me a push to do more,

Check out my apps Here
07/02/2009 07:31 PM
highboy
Storm Trooper

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:The app closes for me fine (on Windows XP x64).

I've got a different issue however:
[Image: 9qww46.jpg]

Got themes disabled on this install, so can't test if using a custom theme fixes the issue.

EDIT: I think I got the close issue.  Click "Create Bmps" then click the X button in the top-right hand corner of this new window.  Everything gets hidden but the app is still running.
The problem would be because you're hiding the previous window when opening the "Create Bmps" window, but not showing it again when closing that window (unless you use the Close button).  Try moving the "show form" action to the Unload event of the 2nd form, then change the Close button just to unload the form.
Alternatively, try using Modal windows instead :P
Hope that helps.

i get you 100% man so thanks i will try the unload for i do know some use the x and i do have it set to the close button.it is like this i think
me.hide
form2.show
say to show the second form and to go back its like this
me.close
form1.show
or similar so ya will try and put in the unload sub or take the controls right out so a guy has to use the button because i like the look of the way it reacts Hiding_something

Check out my apps Here
(This post was last modified: 07/02/2009 07:49 PM by highboy.)
07/02/2009 07:41 PM
highboy
Storm Trooper

post was updated please see my first one ty.

Check out my apps Here
08/02/2009 04:55 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Removing the close/minimize icons is an interesting idea, but unfortunately, you can still get around it by Alt+F4.  This is VB .NET right?  I'm sure there'd be a Form_Unload event where you can trigger things to run when the form is closed.  Alternatively, try modal windows - in VB6, it's this (should be similar for .NET)

Visual Basic Code
Form2.Show vbModal, Me

(getting rid of the icons is kinda annoying)

By the way, I'm still getting the black buttons issue.  How are you drawing the buttons?

Sorry for all the criticism - I'm just putting it forward, trying to help.  If you'd prefer me not to bug you, just say so :P
08/02/2009 05:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
highboy
Storm Trooper

ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:Removing the close/minimize icons is an interesting idea, but unfortunately, you can still get around it by Alt+F4.  This is VB .NET right?  I'm sure there'd be a Form_Unload event where you can trigger things to run when the form is closed.  Alternatively, try modal windows - in VB6, it's this (should be similar for .NET)

Visual Basic Code
Form2.Show vbModal, Me

(getting rid of the icons is kinda annoying)

By the way, I'm still getting the black buttons issue.  How are you drawing the buttons?

Sorry for all the criticism - I'm just putting it forward, trying to help.  If you'd prefer me not to bug you, just say so :P
they are in the form unload event but i was going to take out the controls anyway.i always take out the maximize and don't like the look of it gone.i do miss the icon too though lol but so people wouldnt use the x for closing wasn't a way around anything.the whole problem was my work bmp so i just threw it in with the others and it can stay there.i just like to clean up everything when the app closes is all.

as far as the black buttons that's a theme issue for in the build i can check mark to include xp style and always leave it checked.to make sure i put my xp on classic an the result is this

[Image: sendmb1.jpg]

so if you were to enable xp style the problem would go away.

i want to hear anything and everything u can think of as i am still learning and can only look at things from my point of view.thank you for your honest opinion.

Check out my apps Here
(This post was last modified: 08/02/2009 08:38 AM by highboy.)
08/02/2009 08:38 AM
Gadget
ɯƃıpɐɹɐd ssǝןpuǝ

Threads: 69
E-Pigs: 63.3012
Sweeeeeeeeeet ! App! I can't believe I missed this somehow,..!! Err, I am on EP everyday & missed this GREAT release!!,..  Thanks for making this application,..  I will most defenetily be using this lots!!!  Beautiful work once again !

This is the way to go!

* Gadget left to make a 01-12 for his psp...

PSN: Brick_Factory

Spoiler for sigpic:
[Image: 157nb04.png]
Spoiler for NeCr0-B0T:
Necro-Bot
Necro may refer to:
    * necro-, the Greek prefix meaning death
Bot or BOT or similar may refer to:
    * Internet bot, computer program which does automated tasks
    * Botnet, network of "zombie" computers used to carry out automated tasks such as spamming
(This post was last modified: 08/02/2009 10:22 AM by Gadget.)
08/02/2009 10:19 AM
J_G_
Monster Hunter

Threads: 43
E-Pigs: 28.7636
WOW! this app sounds awesome... ive always been to lazy to make any bmp's.. gonna try this right now thanks alot highboy
08/02/2009 05:36 PM
SchmilK
Noob

Threads: 359
E-Pigs: 82.0266
i just mixed some colors together and they look nice :D

[Image: snap194rs3.jpg]

Thanks for the release..when making a bmp after the 6th month i kept getting a crash when i would click a new month that asked if i wanted to continue...then on 11th and 12th i got an error each tiem i clicked anything in the make bmp window...but no biggy cause i kept pressing continue and my 01-12 definintely works :P

limneosgreen Wrote:Take my advice, don't try to install custom themes ... it's possible to brick ur psp.. why just don't change wallpaper
08/02/2009 05:59 PM