Ditched KMPlayer
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Ditched KMPlayer
Well KMPlayer is a nice player, but it does have some issues:
- seeking in DVDs seems to lag a bit
- it's right-click menu is far too cluttered...

I happened to be looking at the Media Player Classic HomeCinema project page, and found that there was an x64 build of MPC-HC.  Decided to give it a try, even though I didn't have any 64-bit codecs installed.  Interestingly enough, MPC-HC includes its own decoder for H.264, Xvid etc.  Also MPC-HC seems to add some nice features to MPC, such as an OSD and *good* donkey subtitle rendering.  However, I do seem to have an issue with the built in video decoders - the player seems to freeze for a second when loading a video, and H.264 decoding is laggy.
So I tried the K-Lite Codec Pack x64 (main thing is its included ffdshow x64) and disabled the internal codecs of MPC-HC, and everything works sweet (weird, considering that I'd expect MPC-HC's internal codecs to be libavformat based).

So if you're looking for a nice 64-bit simple yet powerful video player, try MPC-HC with the K-Lite Codec Pack x64.  Just remember to disable the internal decoders of MPC-HC (View » Options » Internal Filters » untick some things in the right panel).
23/01/2009 01:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
feinicks
One day... we Fly...

Threads: 531
E-Pigs: 210817.3958
RE: Ditched KMPlayer
I prefer to stick to GOMPlayer.. for the time being at least... have not experience any problems, except that it does not support 16:10 aspect ratio by default... have'nt noticed (rather not tried) any other problems yet..

◄◄••• 天使たちの夢か? •••►►

[Image: ewualizer.gif]
My works!
23/01/2009 01:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robertotron
Storm Trooper

Threads: 51
E-Pigs: 8.2526
RE: Ditched KMPlayer
hmm, i might try MPC-HC out. I love using KMPlayer though, and i have to agree that the right-click menu is very cluttered. Although, i rarely find i need to right click as i leave most of the settings alone, or i only chave to change them once, not every time i play a video.
23/01/2009 10:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply