Random PC help: How to remove DLG Digital Line Detect and Netwaiting from a new Lappy
nylanrd4
Able One

Threads: 8
E-Pigs: 5.2986
Random PC help: How to remove DLG Digital Line Detect and Netwaiting f
Netwaiting and Digital Line Detect are two utterly useless modem programs by the same manufacturer, and even they don't know how to get rid of them. They are installed on many new laptops and tend to bite their long teeth into your setup and never let go. Here's how I got rid of them:

Netwaiting and DLG were installed on my new Lenovo laptop, but both weren't listed under Add/Remove Programs. After some searching, I found there were backups present in C:\drivers. I did the following to remove the installation of Netwaiting:
  • Search for 'netwait' with the Windows search function
  • If you find a copy of Netwaiting in a folder such as C:\drivers, go to that folder. If not, I can't help...
  • In the folder you should find Setup.exe. Right click it and choose 'create shortcut'
  • Right-click on the shortcut you just created and choose 'Properties'. Find the box which says 'Target'. Position the cursor at the end of the line where it says '.exe', and add a space followed by '-uninstall'.
  • The 'target' box should now read '.....\setup.exe -uninstall'.
  • Click OK and double-click the shortcut. The install program should load and ask you if you want to completely remove everything. Click yes and you're done :)
  • You can now delete the shortcut.

The same can be done for DLG, which I found in a folder called OCP. This one is harder to find.

[Image: button2qt0.png]
(This post was last modified: 18/08/2008 07:44 PM by nylanrd4.)
18/08/2008 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
S7*
Sweet Dreams

Threads: 1,056
E-Pigs: 383.2289
RE: Random PC help: How to remove DLG Digital Line Detect and Netwaiti
surely they actually DO something??
19/08/2008 08:41 AM
feinicks
One day... we Fly...

Threads: 531
E-Pigs: 210817.3958
Method two:

Erase the default OS and install your own and then find drivers for only the things you'll actually use.

◄◄••• 天使たちの夢か? •••►►

[Image: ewualizer.gif]
My works!
19/08/2008 10:17 AM
nylanrd4
Able One

Threads: 8
E-Pigs: 5.2986
Yes. One sits there while you're on the internet and if someone calls you, it allows you to hold you internet connection and pick up the phone, then returns your internet connection when you finish.

The other one sits there and waits until you plug in a cable into your modem, and then checks to see if it's digital. Since modems only work with analogue lines, it will start to whine and cry if you plug in a digital one.

In any case, I don't use the modem at all, so there's no point.

[Image: button2qt0.png]
19/08/2008 05:46 PM