need help urgently!!
custom theme problems
neocorpse
Existential Entity

Threads: 1
E-Pigs: 2.1726
need help urgently!!
Ok I'm about ready to tear my hair out and throw my psp in the garbage here.
I've been graphically editing Organ 390 for personal usage and it's just getting worse and worse.
It all started with the Theme icon disappearing until I scrolled up then back down. I fired up vshmain editor, selected all the disabled icons like update, gomsgr, and so on, then compressed it. Problem solved. Then I used the common_gui.prx from P360 White Neu to fix stretching with the optionsmen base. Problem solved BUT now it locks up when recovering from sleep mode. Now here's where it gets downright ugly.
I decided I didn't like how I designed my main icon bar for System, Photo, video, music, so on. I also changed the battery icon. Now NONE of my system or internet icons are visible AT ALL. If I use the old theme they work fine and ALL I did to the other was change those few images.
I've been begging for help from some of the other psp forums with very little help, (most likely ppl are busy or it's a tough problem and no one can help).
PLEASE I emplore anyone who can help to help me with this.
The truly frustrating thing about it is I know my theme isn't THAT hard on resources. especially compared to themes like vegetano1's Lightning theme which is a pure work of art.
Needless to say, I'm thoroughly fed up with problem after problem and if I can't get this to work I'll most likely scrap any and all ideas for future projects and just go back to being a user instead of a designer. I don't mean to piss and moan about this, but I've reached my threshold =/
The truly frightening thing about this is I REALLY want to learn to hex edit so I can make my own themes from scratch....lol
27/07/2008 08:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pereeski
Omnipotent Presence

Threads: 33
E-Pigs: 19.4134
RE: need help urgently!!
neocorpse Wrote:Ok I'm about ready to tear my hair out and throw my psp in the garbage here.
I've been graphically editing Organ 390 for personal usage and it's just getting worse and worse.
It all started with the Theme icon disappearing until I scrolled up then back down. I fired up vshmain editor, selected all the disabled icons like update, gomsgr, and so on, then compressed it. Problem solved. Then I used the common_gui.prx from P360 White Neu to fix stretching with the optionsmen base. Problem solved BUT now it locks up when recovering from sleep mode. Now here's where it gets downright ugly.
I decided I didn't like how I designed my main icon bar for System, Photo, video, music, so on. I also changed the battery icon. Now NONE of my system or internet icons are visible AT ALL. If I use the old theme they work fine and ALL I did to the other was change those few images.
I've been begging for help from some of the other psp forums with very little help, (most likely ppl are busy or it's a tough problem and no one can help).
PLEASE I emplore anyone who can help to help me with this.
The truly frustrating thing about it is I know my theme isn't THAT hard on resources. especially compared to themes like vegetano1's Lightning theme which is a pure work of art.
Needless to say, I'm thoroughly fed up with problem after problem and if I can't get this to work I'll most likely scrap any and all ideas for future projects and just go back to being a user instead of a designer. I don't mean to piss and moan about this, but I've reached my threshold =/
The truly frightening thing about this is I REALLY want to learn to hex edit so I can make my own themes from scratch....lol

From what I read, it seems the new bar and battery icon are the problem or issue. It happened to me already. You may say that it's not hard on resources but there's no other reason I can think of for having lost visibility of icons on XMB. If you encountered problems or issues, it's not reason to quit. You're doing fine, learning how to make themes. Re-verify the images the images you made, sometimes RCOedit accept them but your PSP doen't like it. Weird but it happens. Sorry if I could be of any help to you. Just thought you might not consider quitting on trying to do your own thing.Peace

myWindows v3.0 for 4.01M33
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthr...?tid=12768
[Image: snap019bi5.png]
Shot at 2008-08-01
myWindows v2.0 for 4.01M33/3.90M33
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthr...#pid133094
myWindows v2.0 for 3.80M33
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=6770
myWindows 3.71M33 v2.0 w/Hi-Res 01-12.bmp Backgrounds
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=6596

Hahaha
27/07/2008 08:36 PM
neocorpse
Existential Entity

Threads: 1
E-Pigs: 2.1726
RE: need help urgently!!
Quote:From what I read, it seems the new bar and battery icon are the problem or issue. It happened to me already. You may say that it's not hard on resources but there's no other reason I can think of for having lost visibility of icons on XMB. If you encountered problems or issues, it's not reason to quit. You're doing fine, learning how to make themes. Re-verify the images the images you made, sometimes RCOedit accept them but your PSP doen't like it. Weird but it happens. Sorry if I could be of any help to you. Just thought you might not consider quitting on trying to do your own thing.
Actually you still helped. I apologize for whining like a baby, but after like 4 hours I got a bit depressed about the whole thing. I highly doubt I'll quit. More likely try to learn how to hex edit (somehow) and make my own theme from scratch. It's also possible that Organ could have already been high on resource usage and what I'm doing happened to push it over the edge.
I think the main problems of me learning, are what learning what values to use, and identifying what offsets to alter to actually make use of hexing.
Actually what got me depressed was having that issue happen to mine, then using Vegetano1'a Lightning and seeing how much better it is by comparison...lol

Thank you so much for the reply and inspiration. I'll continue to try til I either get it or go bald.....lmao.
28/07/2008 06:48 AM