Ge64
Former Admin ;)

Threads: 295
E-Pigs: 108.4795
Rants on summer holiday
as you may know
I'm doing the ib diploma program(me)
which is basically a 2 year hell.

im finishing the first year, and now is the time when the horrors of summer become imminent. the horrors. of summer. horrors.

in IB, summer sucks
s for sucks
u for unbelievable suck
m for mega suck
m for montrous suck
e for enormous suck
r for retarded amounts of suck.

wee had mock exams, and it's clear even for good students like me that lots is to be revised/reviewed/revisited over summer. BUT there's no time for that, because wee get homework. chocolateLOADS of it.

basically, IB doesn't fit in 2 years. it's like fitting rasputia through a cat flap

[Image: 36.jpg]

[Image: CAT%20FLAP.jpg]

and I'm not even half finished. for IB, besides 6 subjects, you also get to do (yay!) CAS, Extended Essay and higher-education preparation (obviously). CAS basically means at least 150 hours of unpaid work. Extended essay is basically adding some university level academic writing to the mix as if it isn't enough yet, and needs to be 4000 words long.

in the very beginning (as in the first day/week) of next school year, our CAS should be about finished, our EE drafted, and our higher education sorted. apart from that, wee get homework such as do A HUGE UNIT of self-study for physics, or read and analyse 3 books and make notes on them for english, to name a few. all of this is expected to be finished when wee get back. oh AND wee need to be absolutely comfortable with any of the stuff wee learned this year, of course.

[Ge64] COWON IAUDIO 7 :D | PSP,  NDS, iPod REPAIRS!! http://repair.ge64.nl says (1:57 PM):
grrrrr it pisses me off so much, but there really isn't another way i suppose, just going to have to make a choice. I'll pick up what's left of my social life after IB i guess...
[Ge64] COWON IAUDIO 7 :D | PSP,  NDS, iPod REPAIRS!! http://repair.ge64.nl says (1:58 PM):
i wanted a summer job....
[Ge64] COWON IAUDIO 7 :D | PSP,  NDS, iPod REPAIRS!! http://repair.ge64.nl says (1:58 PM):
i wanted to party, i wanted to play xbox 360, i wanted to revise my old maths stuff, not do even more new stuff
[Ge64] COWON IAUDIO 7 :D | PSP,  NDS, iPod REPAIRS!! http://repair.ge64.nl says (1:59 PM):
i wanted to clean my room, get back to my electronics projects, do some programming, make a good website, sell stuff online, earn money
[Ge64] COWON IAUDIO 7 :D | PSP,  NDS, iPod REPAIRS!! http://repair.ge64.nl says (1:59 PM):
the only thing that makes a school year bearable is being able to do all the stuff you want to do in the summer

^^
this is my last summer in Hong Kong. after next year I'll be going to thailand with friends to celebrate, then i might be back for a week or so but probably move to amsterdam quite quickly. so that means i can't do any of the stuff i wanted to do. I wanted to learn chinese, japanese, maybe both, i wanted to get a job and make money so i had something to spend when i got back.... i want to do so much but i can't do anything.

"i would kill myself, but i don't have the time"

[Image: ub1985584.jpg]
24/06/2008 06:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chroma
Chromatic Nutjob

Threads: 435
E-Pigs: 40.2135
RE: Rants on summer holiday
Jeez, man, I feel for ya. I know how you feel with that "I'd kill myself, but I don't have the time" thing

PSN ID: Chroma3000
My Steam Page
ADD ME
superdouche Wrote:
TheGuy Wrote:
superdouche Wrote:You need at least an 8 inch penis, that's what I heard.
Man, if I had 8 inches, I would find a better use for it :P
Like what, pushing elevator buttons?
24/06/2008 11:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
* ZiNgA BuRgA is glad I didn't subject myself to something like this.
24/06/2008 05:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Assassinator

Threads: 176
E-Pigs: 140.8363
Hey, I was in the IB previously.

Then I made a calculation for myself, and found that by doing the IB, I will actually get a worse score than by doing the local system, but it takes more effort. Now, I'm not the kind of person who enjoys doing work for no reward (hey, some people do, they just love school), so I pretty much went "fuck that", and dropped it.

And I don't regret dropping it a tiny bit. I'm in a good uni going an actuarial studies program (hard program to get into).
24/06/2008 05:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply