[PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
You're mostly correct in your understanding.

Rcomage doesn't have a GIM parser yet, so it can't figure out what settings to use.  It currently just makes a guess from what the RCO file is - it doesn't know anything about the GIM.

A possible solution is as you mention - parse the GIM file and write the settings to the XML file.  Then the compile process would need to read in the settings and generate the correct GIM file.

A limitation of that though, is that conversions may not work so nicely as GimConv doesn't support all of them.
Also, it may be possible to swap types - at least on the PSP, where most (all maybe?) firmware GIMs are 8-bit (indexed), but can be replaced by 32-bit (8888) and they work fine (provided you don't hit the internal memory limitations).  I don't have a PS3 to test with, so I don't know what GIM types could be swapped.

---

The UMDFlag and minFirmwareVer attributes, I don't really know about.  They are values in the RCO file which seem to correspond with versioning, but I don't fully understand them.  'minFirmwareVer' was used because I map the values in the RCO file to PSP firmware versions:

C Code
		switch(rco->verId) {
			case 0x70: fputs("1.0", fp); break;
			case 0x71: fputs("1.5", fp); break;
			case 0x90: fputs("2.6", fp); break;
			case 0x95: fputs("2.7", fp); break;
			case 0x96: fputs("2.8", fp); break;
			case 0x100: fputs("3.5", fp); break;
			//case 0x107: fputs("ps3", fp); break;
			default: fprintf(fp, "unknownId0x%x", rco->verId);
		}

So I've seen a 0x107 for PS3 RCOs, I suppose some may be 0x130 and maybe something else.  It may correspond with a particular firmware version, I don't know.

10/04/2015 06:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool - ZiNgA BuRgA - 10/04/2015 06:43 PM