[PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.0.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
yammata684 Wrote:I had a problem with the plain text feature. I was making custom text entries in topmenu_plugin.rco - long story, but my problem was that I had to save everyting in unicode (It takes a while when you have to save 50+ new text entries uusing notepad and metapad). I had originally tried to use DOS and ANSI text files. When you would open the RCO I made using ANSI or DOS text encoding in RCOEditor, it would show it as as having ?????e - (???? then some random letter, usually). Could you add support for other formats or explain how to fix this.
Are the text data in XML or TXT files after dumping?  If XML, did you update the "encoding" directive in the XML?  Also note that Rcomage sticks UTF-8/UTF-16 signatures for these files, so you may have to remove them if you're using ANSI encoding.
Otherwise, libxml2/iconv does the character set encoding, so I imagine they work fine >_>

WoobiE Wrote:Yo Zinga Burga, What is meant by "delay time" in the XML? I know that "duration" is how long the event will last but "delay" after the "duration" kinda confuses me.
The PSP executes instructions in an <Animation> sequence in parallel.  That is, say you had something like:
- Move, duration=100ms
- Resize, duration=100ms

Both the above instructions would be executed at the same time for the same duration of time.
This works until the PSP hits a <Delay> instruction, where it will pause execution until the delay time is up.  For example:
- Move, duration=100ms
- Delay, time=100ms
- Resize, duration=100ms

The move will be executed, then straight after it finishes animating, the resize will be executed.

Hope that helps.
(This post was last modified: 17/11/2009 05:07 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
17/11/2009 05:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.0.1 - new RCO manipulation tool - ZiNgA BuRgA - 17/11/2009 05:06 PM