[PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0774
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool
Thanks for pointing those out.  I'll get around to fixing them.

(17/03/2015 10:43 PM)sandungas Wrote:  Also... note the names im using in my miscmap.ini following the rule:
<lang_number_code>_<lang_name> ; <lang_letter_code>
This is more like a suggestion if you want to use this naming convention in your next release... do you think changing the names to this format will cause much problems to other tools that uses rcomage as a dependency ?
Because i think is a good idea to make the names start with the language number code, this way when the .xml files are extracted them will be ordered chronologically (from older to newer with 2 digits in decimal, starting from 00 for japan)... also, many people remember some of the number codes from memory so is easyer to locate an specific .xml file if you are looking at the folder with all the extracted .xml's
I doubt there's any app that really depends on it, but I still prefer not to change it.
I don't see the point in exposing the language codes.  People who deal with them often might remember them, but otherwise, they're really just unnecessary detail, and it's easier to find "English" by looking for the letter "E", for example.

(17/03/2015 10:43 PM)sandungas Wrote:  About the language letter codes... in my miscmap.ini example i have not modifyed the previous ones (en, pt, and es) that now has a variant
The new ones should be something like en_gb, pt_br, and es_la (so not sure if is a good idea to rename the old ones to en_us, pt_pt, and es_es to difference them)
There is some place where wee can see the exact letter codes the firmware is using internally ?
Anything after a ";" is a comment and ignored, so you can stick whatever there and it won't make any difference.
From memory, the short language codes were taken from the internal name used in the menus (dump whatever RCO contains the text for the language select menu, and you should find it in the text data).
22/03/2015 03:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PSP] Rcomage v1.1.1 - new RCO manipulation tool - ZiNgA BuRgA - 22/03/2015 03:18 AM