Necessary Force
Joom
WOOP
Worlds End

Threads: 417
E-Pigs: 134.1772
Necessary Force
Quote:“I always thought police were nothing but good and were there to protect people,” testifies Elizabeth Polak, a registered nurse from Phoenix. Her view of the State’s enforcement caste changed dramatically as a result of what she witnessed in Denver on the evening of March 25, 2008.

Polak, returning to her apartment following her daily jog, saw a man and a woman having an unremarkable conversation near the entrance to the building.  Two police officers appeared – a development always pregnant with trouble – and approached the couple. From a distance of about 100 feet, Polak saw the officers stride purposefully toward the man, who was later identified as James Moore.

“The officers did not stop and have a conversation with Mr. Moore,” she later recounted in a sworn affidavit. “The officers walked up to him and instantaneously punched Mr. Moore. Prior to being punched, there was no resistance or non-cooperation on his part. Mr. Moore was not given the chance to comply with any orders, if any were given. It appeared that the police were on a mission to walk up to Mr. Moore and punch him.”

Shocked and terrified by the assault on Moore, the woman – his girlfriend, Julie Gomez – repeatedly exclaimed: “You have the wrong people!” Moore, who had been knocked to the ground, did what he could to avoid or deflect the blows directed at him by the assailants.

The attack on Moore “appeared to be completely unprovoked and at no time was Mr. Moore fighting back,” Polak – who has never spoken with the victim – related in her affidavit. “At no time did Mr. Moore try to attack an officer. At no time did Mr. Moore try to reach for an officer’s weapon. Mr. Moore was surprisingly calm.”

“I did try to stay calm,” Moore, a Special Forces combat veteran, recalled to Pro Libertate. “I just tried to assure myself that the beating would eventually stop, and I just had to endure it patiently. But it didn’t stop.”

God damn...This story angered and saddened me. This is still going on too.

Full Article

[Image: ROVBdMh.png]
3DS Friend Code: 5000-6045-4964
06/04/2012 10:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Funky Buddah
nut

Threads: 22
E-Pigs: 12.1888
RE: Necessary Force
This is just sad.

hai
Bored
06/04/2012 11:29 PM
Vacui Natale
Too Small to Fail

Threads: 37
E-Pigs: 142.2727
Police officers are nothing but bullies.  There are some good ones out there, but their actions will always be overshadowed by incidents like this.  This is why I don't trust the police.

Spoiler:
[Image: rxkWoQK.png]
Spoiler for Awesome Bart Simpson Sig by Shady!:
[Image: GUWIMOj.png]
Spoiler for PSN:
[Image: SDNRK99.png]
07/04/2012 05:12 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA
Smart Alternative

Threads: 1,174
E-Pigs: 446.0333
Unsure about US, but over here, most police are good people IMO.

Apparently filming police is considered illegal in some states, and that's somewhat disturbing - there's bad people in every bunch, but at least people should be allowed to inform everyone else of it.
09/04/2012 05:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kuu
Awesome

Threads: 61
E-Pigs: 33.8125
(09/04/2012 05:51 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  there's bad people in every bunch, but at least people should be allowed to inform everyone else of it.

^This

[Image: B5b0K][Image: FSN6.png]
09/04/2012 07:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply