Endless Paradigm

Full Version: 3.71 M33 Flashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is this new?

chachakoala Wrote: [ -> ]There wee go guys,
I was fed up with making an old pandora memory stick with extended bootmenu (my default pandora is Despertar_cementerio2) to acces and tune my PSP. You all know that doing so through recovery corrupts files in flash0/1
So i picked the recovery.elf from a 3.40OE and converted it to an eboot.pbp and installed the 1.50 kernel on my 3.71M33.
Launched it, mounted flash0, copied some modified files (vshmain, topmenu_plugin and update_plugin) and rebooted : MY FILES DID NOT BRICK THE PSP!!!!!!
Launched it, mounted flash1, copied backed up registry files and rebooted : MY SETTINGS WERE THOSE OF MY BACKUP FILES!!!
However, after upping your files, enter normal 3.71M33 recovery and reconfigure your settings, in case the config.se got written with dummy settings.
E N J O Y !!!!
(and report if any bug/trouble)

As always, use it at your own risks.

Credits go to D_A for the recovery and *unknown* for the elf2pbp.exe

I have Pandora so useless to me. But to others.
source?
hmm this is a fairly good idea but why not use the one from 3.52? ima give that a go.:)
source/download please
Hey that's great but how to unlock all files in windows explorer????
I think its just the fact of using a 1.50 kernel homebrew.

I heard that 1.50+pspfiler seems to do okay.
You can also try using a recovery.prx from an older firmware and combine it with this launcher
http://dl.qj.net/Multi-Recovery-Launcher.../catid/151

It loads/searches for a recovery.prx in this order
1) ms0:/recovery.prx
2) ms0:/recovery.elf
3) flash0:/kd/recovery.prx
4) flash0:/kd/recovery.elf
yeah homebrew methods to access flash0 seem to be fine but the recoverys own one has a bug as does the xmb flash0 usb access. im trying to find the elf converter program.
Anger Wrote:hmm this is a fairly good idea but why not use the one from 3.52? ima give that a go.:)

You can use the 3.52 one as that person did that one too. Download them over at Maxconsole.
ok confirmed this works in 1.50 kernal mode. :) yes to 3.40 and 3.52 :) amazing little discovery.
i now have to test for possible corruption issues.
ill post again later.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's