Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Create Pandora Battery On Slim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First when pandora was released everyone was really happy , with their unbrickable PSP´s , then when the slim was released , many people just bought Slim and sold their PSP´s , now after 3.60 M33 was out many users realised their error of selling the PSP , and start making threads , asking for Pandora Bat creator on the Slim , after a few days Cory149 user of maxconsole wrote and app for the slim that do the job .... Many people might find this useful, here is the info :

Quote:Open Source Pandora Battery Tool 0.2 « for SE/OE/M33 homebrew enabled kernels
------------------------------------
Note: after the initial confirmation, there are _NO_ OTHERS!
DON'T SAY YOU WEREN'T WARNED: DO NOT USE ON A PSP-200x/SLIM BATTERY!

Thoroughly tested under 3.52 and 3.71 homebrew enabled PSP kernel. (should also work on 3.60 m33 slim PSP with the old style batteries ONLY)

DO NOT USE ON A SLIM BATTERY, this may result in an unusable battery.

Allows the same options as the original Pandora tool:
service mode

writes a serial 0xFFFFFFFF to the battery eeprom (inserting the battery will power on and wait for a proper MS)
auto boot mode

writes a serial 0x00000000 to the battery eeprom (inserting the battery will power on and boot the firmware)
dummy normal

writes a serial 0x12345678 to the battery eeprom (the battery will work normally)
backup eeprom

reads the battery eeprom to a file "eeprom.bin" in the root of a MS
restore eeprom

if a file "eeprom.bin" is present, it will attempt to write it to the batteries eeprom

May not work with all old style PSP-100x batteries, and should NOT be used with PSP-200x style batteries.

Installation:
-------------
Use whatever method you'd normally use to run homebrew under 3.xx or 2.xx OE/SE/M33 kernels on your PSP.

example:
-put the folder with eboot and pbp into /PSP/GAME371
-run it from the PSP MS menu.

known issues:
-------------
-when writing a battery eeprom.bin file to a battery, an error will occur at 0x14, and subsequent re-dump will show the last 2 bytes

are different than what is expected. These appear to be non-critical issues, though full eeprom re-writes should be avoided.
-when no eeprom.bin file is present on the MS, the option to write the file to a battery will be grayed out. This is done on purpose

and shouldn't be mistaken for a problem.
-only relevant options are listed and available with any given battery.
-after the intial confirmation, there are NO OTHERS!

No warranties expressed or implied. GPL is included with the source, source modifications should be published with rebuilds.
DO NOT USE ON A SLIM BATTERY, this may result in an unusable battery.

credits:
---------
- Chilly Willy for releasing source to his apps (3.xx examples), and for the key waiting routines used in this app
- nem for sharing the battery syscon prototypes on ps2dev (BIG thanks!)
- Everyone involved with Prometheus for creating and releasing the Pandora project (including but not limited to Noobz)
- M33 for enabling homebrew on the kernel I tested this on
- Dark_Alex for proving CFW was possible, then going 100 steps further
- Everyone behind the forums and toolchains at PS2dev.org « without them this stuff just... wouldn't be.
- anyone else I may have forgotten.......

version history:
-----------------
0.2 - updated to support 3.71 syscon NIDs, should work under every SE/OE/M33 version to date.
0.1 - initial release, confirmed working in 3.52m33 and 3.60m33(slim) with PSP-1000 type batteries

If anyone feels I have abused the privileges of their source releases, let me know and I will try to rectify it.

~1492
GREAT news! thanks for posting!
so this is the C+D app ported to 3.5 kernel??
hmm so team C+D did not make this . . . sime guy did. . . I think he just ported it over to work as homebrew on the slim.

w007 1200 POSTS!
well this is cool for slim owners
cool
it's his own app. nem posted how to write eeprom on ps2dev a few weeks ago

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3917&start=60
afiser Wrote:it's his own app. nem posted how to write eeprom on ps2dev a few weeks ago

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3917&start=60

Yep , welldone to the guy who made this possible , also V 0.2 now fully support 3.71 M33, Remember to never use the Slim battery for Pandora.
yeah. . . .I need to get a slim first . . . but for now sticking with ol' Phatty. . . . 1.50 KERNEL YEAH!
Reference URL's