Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Winamp being discontinued in a month's time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
AOL announced that anything Winamp related will be shut down on December 20, 2013.
The last version of the program was released recently, but will be taken down on the shut down date.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Winamp-to...2176.shtml

Although I don't use Winamp anymore, it was a pretty awesome player in the early days, and still has some unique features.  Hopefully they'll decide to open source it.
Looks like Microsoft is taking it over.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft...2567.shtml
I still use it when MediaMonkey is being an unstable POS. Sad to see it go.
I still use Winamp in general :I

Although if Microsoft is taking it over, I guess that's good news.
Dang that sucks. A piece of software history is gone :(. Can't say it'll affect me much though, since I really only used windows media player then switched to Foobar2k ages ago.
Will micro$oft still allow llama donkey whipping?
If MS takes over, hopefully they won't screw it up.
Winamp 2 was legendary, then AOL took over...  At least they fixed up most of the poo poo with Winamp 5 though.

I still would've preferred if they could open source it though, like AOL did with Netscape.  The OSS community should be able to make good use of it.
If MS takes it, I see it becoming butchered like Skype; it's going to become much more social media oriented. I hope I'm wrong and Winamp replaces the terrible excuse that is WMP. I'm still using Winamp 5 because I dislike having to build playlists to play songs like with fb2k (unless of course there's a way to get around this). Winamp also has incredibly appealing skins and is easily navigable, especially with the CPro engine.

[Image: 4CaEFnk.png]
RIP winamp. you shall be remembered.

then there was a part where i switched to a more interesting music player that can use winamp plugins so yeahhhh....

it was good in the early days but i switched it.
What player is that?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's