Endless Paradigm

Full Version: End of The Silk Road
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You might or might have not heard of the Silk Road before. If you have not then you just need to know that it was basically the largest online market for drugs. As of today the Silk Road is no more (unless some other site takes its place but I doubt it).

Reuters Wrote:U.S. law enforcement authorities have shut down "Silk Road," an anonymous Internet marketplace for illegal drugs like heroin and cocaine and criminal activities such as murder for hire, and arrested its alleged owner.
Rest of the article is here

Did anyone here ever buy anything from there? :p
SR wasn't the only online market. There are plenty of others. SR just gained unneeded attention.
You are correct.
Probably related to the FBI compromising Tor a short while back.

Well, once this goes down, there'll be 10 more to replace it...
I haven't but my roommate told me of the time he's window shopped.
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Probably related to the FBI compromising Tor a short while back.

Well, once this goes down, there'll be 10 more to replace it...

I was reading the Ars story about how they found him. A really interesting read.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/...e-roberts/
lol i thought it was the MMO...
like people actually use it to trade chocolates.
Has anyone here actually used Tor or any other similar software to access any deep web stuff?
Grey Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone here actually used Tor or any other similar software to access any deep web stuff?

Sure have. Mostly just to see what the fudge is there. It's dark. Very dark.
Tor isn't the actual deep web. It's just much easier to setup shop on. There are other sites like Mazafaka that are much harder to access (this one in particular requires a special SSL certificate be installed on the user's computer before they can even find the place). There's also OpenNIC sites.
Reference URL's