Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Zelda Piano Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some Zelda done today Yay

What thinks you?
really nice playing man. i also play keys/piano though i haven't had much to do on it in a while. out of interest where is the sheet music from?
Thanks, and it's good to hear that you play. Sorry though, no manuscript, I worked them out by ear.
weterr123 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, and it's good to hear that you play. Sorry though, no manuscript, I worked them out by ear.

ah cool i have no traditional experience in piano the lessons i had was in arranger keyboard stuff but i hope to work on developing my skills further in the future. I've been focusing a lot more on my drumming as of late
Zelda End Theme:
I can't remember this tune (shame on me) but it sounds like the right thing.
Before the main Zelda theme:
The right hand seems good, though I think the left hand could use a little more variation beyond the same three note pattern.  This is especially so on repeats - just adding an extra note here and there in the left hand should make it much more interesting.
Zelda main theme:
Left hand is much more interesting here - good job.  Main suggestion would perhaps be to bring out the melody a bit more.  I'm not sure how well your digital piano can express volume, and possibly the effect of recording, but if you can, perhaps make the accompaniment a bit quieter.

Kakariko Villiage:
Good interpretation.  Personally, I'd vary the volume a little more to try to emphasise the mood a bit more.
Continuous left hand works well, but perhaps add a little more variation to the melody.  You do change to octaves later on and I liked when you broke them up at the end, but a little more texture variation (ie making the notes into 2/3 note chords) earlier on would help I think.

Overall your playing is quite accurate and you've managed to arrange them fairly well.
Thanks Zinga, I intend to brush them up to better standards, and will use your advice in the process. As if you don't remember the end credits theme... thou shalt play A Link to the Past immediately!!!

Andrewcc, you do not need lessons... I am poor, never been able to afford lessons, yet although my youtube doesn't show it, I can in fact play a few grade 8 pieces by the likes of Beethoven, Chopin, and Debussy (recording is a nightmare for me).
A friend of mine tries to play these on any stringed or brass instrument he can get his hands on. The main theme is rather amusing on a ukulele.
Lol, I have a friend who does FF themes on a mandolin, it's hilarious!
Awesome!!!  Now lets hear the original Legend of Zelda title song!   2thumbs
very nice man
Reference URL's