Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Akinator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: YEFQf0Y.png]

H-how did you know!?

http://en.akinator.com/
for me [/align]he got it wrong Specky

[Image: a5d6c60763]
Ah, I remember this - this genie's good.

Failed to get Nare from DJ Max, but she's so obscure that I'm not surprised.

Tried Mana Natsukawa, he guessed Nagi Sanzein, then some FMA character, but then:
[Image: zX47W8n.png]
I presume it doesn't always have up to date info on minor characters in less popular shows... somewhat expected I guess.

Didn't get Anastasia Nasuhara but was in the list at the end, so I suppose it somewhat was being added? (assuming this is crowdsourced)  Same with Kotono Hayama, so I suppose more obscure titles aren't there.

Managed to get Josh Waitzkin after ~47 questions.

Got Quote (you) from Cave Story, somewhat expected.

Didn't get Natasha, main character from The Tunnel, not even in the end list.
Got both of my guesses right

ASuka from Azumanga Daioh and Youngster Joey from Pokemon
Didn't get Mamimi >_<
He guessed Amane Suzuha from Steins;Gate at first, but he got it right the second time:

[Image: damna.png]
That thing is.... impressive!

It got Mark Corrigan from Peep Show in 22 questions - pretty cool
It got Kyle Gass from Tenacious D in 19 questions - again, not bad.
It got all the Bleach characters I though of in under 20 questions.

By this point, cool, but the novelty has worn off. Then, what surprised me is how it knew my train of thought and when I would do it.
For the last one, I thought, let's see how many questions it takes to guess itself (Akintor).

The first question was "Is your Character a grown man?" I figure yes.
The second question was "Is your character a genie?" WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! I put yes.
The Third question was "Is your character asking a lot of questions?" By this point I am literally rolling on the floor pissing myself in disbelief.

EDIT - Just had another few goes. Took him 49 questions, with an incorrect guess to get Alys Brangwyn from Phantasy Star IV. That character has only been played 160 times, which is nothing compared to the thousands for the others I tried (Samus Aran was something like 25000 plays).

Leads me to think this: Lets see who can think of the most obscure character, that would take the Akinator 100's of questions and incorrect guesses to get, along with the fewest plays. Interesting, no?
Tried a few obscure anime characters, he didn't get them.
He got my characters right:

Rikka Takanashi
Togashi Yuuta
Kousaka Kirino
Shinka Nibutani

...except for Dekomori Sanae.
It seems to be somewhat generated by users - I wonder whether there's some moderator oversight though, as the answers he gives seems to be standardised.
So it fails on newer stuff or characters rarely played, but characters often played, it can get fairly well.

It seems to have some interesting ways of trying to overcome lack of knowledge by the player (eg asking the same question twice), although it sometimes trips itself up (eg "is your character blond?" - yes, "does your character have black hair?" - well, the previous answer would imply no).
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's