Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Blade or Blunt?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wolkenritter Wrote: [ -> ]Fine then. Lances.
Are they still considered melee?
Also pretty much a one-use weapon.

Wolkenritter Wrote: [ -> ]Granted, WRPGs have this too. But it seems to be a more evident issue in JRPGs.
Although there's plenty of exceptions, Japanese games, in general, seem to be more tied closely to a story line, and thus linear, whilst US games generally provide more freedom, but obviously not as strictly tied to a storyline.
It kinda depends whether you prefer greater interactivity over plot.
There are plenty of JRPGs out there with badly written plots. So much for being story focused.
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]
Technically they are since you have to be right next to the target to hit them with it. But in a sense probably not, they're made for mid-range battles. In close quarters, they're unwieldy, heavy and create too many openings.

However, if wee're going to apply video game logic to this thread (It is posted in the Games & Entertainment section), they're not a one-use weapon either and are perfectly functional in melee.
Technically a spear is actually a lance...
If you compare the very first lance to a spear you might not actually see much of a difference difference

as for the overall discussion
Hammers are good for knock-outs, but I always found them to be quite slow so it can be quite a pain to try to use them against faster enemies

I personally prefer blades and in certain situations, with certain types of blades, you can block
whereas you cannot block with a hammer

but on hunts like Akura, you need both blunt and slashing damage to defeat your enemies
Wolkenritter Wrote: [ -> ]However, if wee're going to apply video game logic to this thread (It is posted in the Games & Entertainment section), they're not a one-use weapon either and are perfectly functional in melee.
I prefer long range punching.
Wolkenritter Wrote: [ -> ]However, if wee're going to apply video game logic to this thread (It is posted in the Games & Entertainment section), they're not a one-use weapon either and are perfectly functional in melee.
I prefer long range punching.
That can't even be considered weapon.

Its considered an art.
:~/
What if you have rocket propelled robot fists?
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]:~/

\~:
A blade does nicely.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's