Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Japan Police Use PS Vita to Catch Criminal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: xlarge.jpg]

Article from Kotaku
-------------------------------------------

Sony brands the PS Vita as more than simply a game portable. Maybe it should call the machine a "crime fighter", too?

This week's episode of Gekiroku: Keisatsu Micchaku 24ji!! (think Cops, but in Japan) followed the cyber police division in Fukuoka Prefecture.

In one scene, the cyber cops were tracking down a criminal for identity fraud, who allegedly had been using several different computer addresses to illegally buy and sell. During the investigation, an officer whipped out "a device to check WiFi connections". That "device" was a PS Vita.

Japanese site GetNews believes that the investigator carried a PS Vita because, perhaps, it's better able to pick up WiFi signals than smartphones or tablet computers—even better than iPhones or iPod Touches. Also, the site noted how it's pretty easy to walk into a store and get a PS Vita.

Knowing how explicit product placement can sometimes be on Japanese TV, I might be suspicious about this—that this is just a product plug. That is, if the PS Vita wasn't introduced as a "WiFi checker".

For Sony, it's probably good to see the police using the PS Vita. At this point, it's good to see anyone using one.

-------------------------------------------

Original Article Link
http://kotaku.com/5966154/how-japanese-p.../gallery/1
Sounds like product placement to me.
How is scanning for a network fighting crime?
SilvEr Shad0w Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the site noted how it's pretty easy to walk into a store and get a PS Vita.

Ain't that a surprise.
SilvEr Shad0w Wrote: [ -> ]Article from Kotaku

Boogs
Super Idol Lunar-chan Wrote: [ -> ]

Boogs
neato!
eKusoshisut0 Wrote: [ -> ]

Boogs

what's wrong with kotaku?

gizmodo is a bit of a hole, enforcing draconian banning of commenters who disagree with the writers (i.e. me), but kotaku's not bad
ProperBritish Wrote: [ -> ]
eKusoshisut0 Wrote: [ -> ]

Boogs

what's wrong with kotaku?

gizmodo is a bit of a hole, enforcing draconian banning of commenters who disagree with the writers (i.e. me), but kotaku's not bad

Kotaku and their articles are easily influence by $$$.
Quote:For Sony, it's probably good to see the police using the PS Vita.
Really, I mean, does your average citizen over there like fighting crime? (regardless of whether this device is good at it)

Quote:At this point, it's good to see anyone using one.
O_o?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's