Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Wii Mini to be released in Canada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nintendo has announced a new Wii model today. The Wii Mini is a slimmed down Wii console with no GameCube compatibility and no online. But the price is a measly $99.99 CDN.

[Image: gSzGh.jpg]

The Wii Mini is backwards compatible with Wii's 1300+ game library and comes in a Black/Red colour.

It's odd they would release another version of a console so close to the Wii U launch. What's even weirder is the exclusive Canada release.

The new console will hit stores December 7th.

source
The Wii hasn't had Gamecube compatibility for a while now. Never understood why they took it out.
Joomsy Wrote: [ -> ]The Wii hasn't had Gamecube compatibility for a while now. Never understood why they took it out.
[Image: dYuYy.jpg]

I've never heard of them ever removing backwards compatibility (neither has Wikipedia) and all the Wii's sold near me still have GameCube controller and memory card slots, so they can't have removed it.
A friend of mine got the light blue Wii with Skyward Sword, and it doesn't have the GC ports.

Edit: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930752-/61142792 Not really for "a while", but over a year.
Joomsy Wrote: [ -> ]A friend of mine got the light blue Wii with Skyward Sword, and it doesn't have the GC ports.

Edit: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930752-/61142792 Not really for "a while", but over a year.

Never saw a blue Wii here. Makes sense now. Thanks for the heads up Madwin
Very Odd, and yeah gamecube stuff was removed awhile ago.~
IMO it looks better than the Wii
Well there hasn't been a console that took advantage of the low end of the market I suppose?  With a cheap console and cheap games, there's perhaps something that can be made from this...

(as for myself, well, Wii emulation is actually rather decent from what I've heard these days)
I can vouch, wii emulation is close to flawless, ignoring the lack for buttons.
Barcelona Wrote: [ -> ]I can vouch, wii emulation is close to flawless, ignoring the lack for buttons.

I have my Wii remote connected via bluetooth to my computer. No lack of buttons.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's