Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Leaked RIAA report shows P2P only contributes to 15% of music acquisitions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: riaa%20chart%20illegal%20music%20sharing%20600p.png]

Related article: http://www.itworld.com/it-managementstra...rted-them-

So most piracy occurs offline, according to the above at least.  Maybe that's why there's still such a big push for DRM...
pretty much like that here
ppl who can't use internet, or don't know how to/where to download usually buy copy CD from some random seller.
some net cafes also provide mp3 files which you can copy.
also ~70% of ppl who actually know how to download are too lazy. bad internet connection makes them prefer copying from friends rather than downloading by themselves because it's too expensive or taking too much time
ahh yes, I remember ripping other friend's CD's to get my music back before I had internet

Good times
I'm sure the percentage of the "offline" piracy is much greater in other countries. When I visit Peru all
I see is pirated copies of DVDs and CDs you can tell because they don't have original cases and are very cheap.
I'm sure it will change when people stop using CDs and just use their smart phones.
Incadude Wrote: [ -> ]I see is pirated copies of DVDs and CDs you can tell because they don't have original cases and are very cheap.
I'm sure it will change when people stop using CDs and just use their smart phones.

it's sold quite freely here. usually won't get any problem unless they're selling hershey kisses.
when ppl started using phones as music media, phone shops sell copied mp3 too, especially small shops. mostly they also sell copied games and applications, they also provides jailbreaking service, a some other hacking/pirating stuff.
Hard drive trading with friends is the quickest way to amass a massive collection of music.  Really, I ripped like 100GB+ of music off someone,it took like 2hrs, and now I have all these complete albums of stuff which I will probably never listen to.
Didn't think hard drive trading would be that popular though. Huh..
I would think that Youtube would be pretty high for music downloads, but apparently, a lot of people trade hard drives.
Senseito7 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't think hard drive trading would be that popular though. Huh..

Especially not with the increasing price of hard drives...

Bluetooth file transfer seems like it should be/become popular IMO
I wonder if that falls into the burning/ripping from others category
Slushba132 Wrote: [ -> ]
Senseito7 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't think hard drive trading would be that popular though. Huh..

Especially not with the increasing price of hard drives...

Why does it matter, it's not like you're trading away your HDD.  What you're doing is bring an portable/external to some other dude's house and ripping a copy of all his music.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's