Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Some weird Task Manager Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't access it. When I try to open it, it says: "Task Manager has been disabled by the administrator"

Before you ask:
  • I am the only user and administrator to this computer
  • I installed the OS from a recovery disc
  • I can't open it from the .exe in system32

Here is my ctrl+alt+del screen:

[Image: 3zHZq.jpg]
That sounds like you have a virus that disabled the TaskManager in the registry Sadist

Here is a simple solution to enable it again:

Code:
    Click on Start. Go to Run. If you use Windows 7 or Windows Vista, go to Search.
    Type regedit and press Enter. Registry Editor will start. If Registry Editor is also disabled, you will first need to enable registry editing.
    Through the left hand navigation pane, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\ Current Version\Policies\System.
    In the work area, double click on "Disable TaskMgr". A window will pop up.
    Enter its value data as 0 and press OK.
    Close Registry Editor. If Task Manager is still disabled, restart your computer.

Though even if that fixes it you should definitely run Malwarebytes AntiMalware and Microsoft Security Essentials to scan your OS partition :/

Thanks, it works now!
jammz Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, it works now!

You are welcome, I'm glad that worked^^
task manager Proud
Or you could've, ya know, used one of the better alternatives out there like Process Hacker which simply laughs at viruses which attempt to disable Task Manager.
I prefer Task Manager. (Maybe because I used it through my entire experience with Windows)
jammz Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer Task Manager. (Maybe because I used it through my entire experience with Windows)

Why are Windows users so afraid of using new stuff?
jammz Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer Task Manager. (Maybe because I used it through my entire experience with Windows)

How can you prefer anything over something you've not even tried? (or if you used it for 5 minutes - have an opinion of something you've not used properly?)

Le Jooms Wrote: [ -> ]Why are Windows users so afraid of using new stuff?

It's the more newbish users. "If it works I don't need to change" - and this argument applies no matter how much better the other software may be.
or just don't fix what ain't broke

if you're not stupid enough to get a virus that disables task manager then it works more than fine.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's