Endless Paradigm

Full Version: The Elder Scrolls MMO to come out in 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm guessing this is set in the Oblivion world:

Quote:Long rumored and much anticipated, The Elder Scrolls Online is finally being unveiled in the June issue of Game Informer. In this month's cover story wee journey across the entire land of Tamriel, from Elsweyr to Skyrim and everywhere in between.

Developed by the team at Zenimax Online Studios, The Elder Scrolls Online merges the unmatched exploration of rich worlds that the franchise is known for with the scale and social aspects of a massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Players will discover an entirely new chapter of Elder Scrolls history in this ambitious world, set a millennium before the events of Skyrim as the daedric prince Molag Bal tries to pull all of Tamriel into his demonic realm.

"It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what wee have been developing the last several years," said game director and MMO veteran Matt Firor, whose previous work includes Mythic's well-received Dark Age of Camelot. "The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made – and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise."
- Source: [Gameinformer]

Expected release some time next year for PC and Mac.
Might be cool
Well, TES has somewhat had a largish world and fairly quest based play.
Seems to make sense as an MMO To be honest.

But the fact that MMOs seem to largely have subscription fees puts me off somewhat.
Meh, I am very disappointed that both BioWare and Bethesda are trying to cater to the masses by adding multiplayer to games that should remain single player RPGs.
lembas Wrote: [ -> ]Meh, I am very disappointed that both BioWare and Bethesda are trying to cater to the masses by adding multiplayer to games that should remain single player RPGs.

It's the beginning of the end. First SW: The Old Republic failed and now Bethesda will follow.

RIP :(
Never really played any of the Elder Scrolls games, tried a bit of arena but then I couldn't work out the controls and then DOS BOX crashes on me.

I don't think I'll be playing this either because I happen to not like MMO.

lembas Wrote: [ -> ]Meh, I am very disappointed that both BioWare and Bethesda are trying to cater to the masses by adding multiplayer to games that should remain single player RPGs.

I've never played FFXI or XIV because they're pay to play online.
My girlfriend wants to play it. me? not so much. I like TES games as they are and never had a craving for multiplayer features.
What happened to SW TOR?  I heard it was pretty good when it first came out and people were somewhat raving about the gameplay.
The excitement died down?
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]What happened to SW TOR?  I heard it was pretty good when it first came out and people were somewhat raving about the gameplay.
The excitement died down?

The game tanked. and it's already gone F2P.

Well.. to a certain extent, they put some ridiculous restrictions on F2P.

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

>Pay to sprint
>pay to login
Interesting.

TES might have better luck due to the fact that the environment does already somewhat seem like an MMO without the multiplayer part.
Reference URL's