Endless Paradigm

Full Version: Why does water from the kitchen sink taste better than from the bathro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
WHY??!!!
ErkErk

is there some kind an evil force that makes the bathroom water taste different Heyyou
Some places will use different kinds of waters for the bathroom and the kitchen.
its the dark matter that cause it!
Um... lol?
Apparently, The Restroom water connects at some point below in the Pipes to make one.

The Sink water has it's Own Pipe, that is why it's separate and better.
You don't usually drink the restroom water, unless you're desperate because you're kitchen's on fire or you've eaten some ghost chilli.
Probably there's a chemical in it that makes it taste better.
Also, Kitchen water contains Bleach, which is why you need a filter to drink from it.

The filter removes the Bleach somehow.

Restroom water doesn't contain Bleach.

Correct me if im wrong.
You're all wrong.

The difference between kitchen water and bathroom water is more often than not, softener. Softening water is a process of removing minerals from the water, often using salt (ever see those big bags of salt chips? that's for water softeners) They do this because if you leave the minerals in the water, when the water dries up, it leaves behind stuff like calcium and lime, and can even have soap work not as well. Softened water is bad to drink, however, so kitchen sinks don't use the stuff.

Here's some reading on the subject: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_softening
trademark91 Wrote: [ -> ]The difference between kitchen water and bathroom water is more often than not, softener. Softening water is a process of removing minerals from the water, often using salt (ever see those big bags of salt chips? that's for water softeners) They do this because if you leave the minerals in the water, when the water dries up, it leaves behind stuff like calcium and lime, and can even have soap work not as well. Softened water is bad to drink, however, so kitchen sinks don't use the stuff.

Pretty much this. Wee had a discussion about this in Science a couple of days ago >.<
So basically, if I look under my bathroom sink pipez, I'll find a bag of salted chips?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's