Endless Paradigm

Full Version: loops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I had this totally retarded conversation today with some guy about whether for loops are better or while loops.

Now I'm here to spread retardation to you, because I have nothing better to do right now (ok, that's a lie I have loads of better stuff I could be doing but whatever).

EDIT: Now color coded and shit to increase your interest in voting (lol).... yeah.
Clicked the RED one because its mah favorite color Yay
i use for loops much more than while ones, because they're more verbose and make my code easier to understand.
the incrementing element, breaking condition and iterator is all there.

i only use while loops for stuff that isn't an integer increment, like:

Code:
while(!pIfstream.eof())
{
       cout << var << endl;
}

I've only been programming for a year and a half, so my use of looping so far i would say is rather limited compared to more seasoned programmers.

It really depends on your situation, though I use for loops more.
I'm pretty sure they just fit different circumstances. One isn't really better than the other.

In bash, there are 3 kinds of loops: for, while, and until.
trademark91 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure they just fit different circumstances. One isn't really better than the other.

Yeah, which is why I mentioned the convo was pretty retarded.  But a lot of cases you an use both and so it really just comes down to personal preference.

trademark91 Wrote: [ -> ]In bash, there are 3 kinds of loops: for, while, and until.

Yeah there are other types of loops like a do while loop and stuff, but for and while are the main types of loops pretty much every programming language has.
I only use while for a timer or counter.

I use For way more often.

So in the spirit of the poll, For Loops are the greatest evar!1!
I prefer foreach loops.
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer foreach loops.

there's always one :]
I'm seeing a disgusting amount of votes for silly For loops.

I think For loops are restricted compared to While loops. On the other hand, it's a lot easier to derp up a while loop by forgetting to increase whatever it is that controls the loop.

While Loop master race.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's